The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2002, 01:41 PM

Default re:baa baa beer(33)

Hiya guys,

yep they did still have 33 beer in Vietnam. The number 3 is pronounced baa in Vietnamese so its called baa baa beer. Also they do still have Tiger beer.

Its true about the formoldyhyde content of the beer thats why you go so nuts on it. However the strongest and most insane beer in the region is by far Sigha(the piss in Thailand)---God that stuff gave me flashbacks

A lot of Vietnam hasnt changed much since you guys were there. The things that have changed are things like the young Vietnamese(they have embraced American culture---anything American is secretly lusted after). The older generation are keeping this tide of Americanism down but that wont last long and the older dudes have realised this so to stop an all out rebellion they have started opening up Vietnam a little to the west. However things are changing fast as every Viet is yearning to be among the lifestyle they see on American TV. Its the same here in Brazil people want to talk to us just to practice their ENGLISH---its unreal they are desperately trying to catch up.

But we still got a lot of dirty looksin Vietnam(especially in the North)for the old boys. But we didn't give a rats ass---we were there to party and that was that

Right now i am in Sao Paulo and had a bitch of a day trying to change VISA US$ travellers cheques---what a mission

regards

wayne
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2002, 07:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just a minor point, but "33" is literally ba-me-be, and I believe the formaldyhide (sp?) is yet another urban myth. Most of my imbibing of the local brew was in an aluminum canteen cup, with several chucks of local ice. After 30+ days in the woods on our little hiking expeditions, 33 beer was quite good.

As for Singha beer, the Germans I knew who were also living there were quite laudatory about the Thai beer, as one of their own was the brewmeister, training local folks.

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:06 AM

Default I stand corrected

I think you are right on the baa me baa. I thought the formodyhyde content was true---it did make us a little nuts more than normal. Maybe it was just the amount we drank(hmmmmmmmmm, maybe).
Old 05-30-2002, 09:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 33 beer

I just remember it had some nondescript lumps in it. There was a don't ask, don't tell on that issue.