The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2018, 06:03 AM

Arrow Marine corps

MARINE CORPS

The U.S. Marine Corps was created on November 10, 1775. It is a combined-arms task force known for its focus on aggressiveness and the offensive. The Marines have been central in developing groundbreaking tactics for maneuver warfare; they can be credited with the development of helicopter insertion doctrine and modern amphibious assault.

There are approximately 194,000 Marines actively serving today, with another 40,000 Marines serving in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves.

Marine Corps' expeditionary naval capabilities are critical in a world where 70 percent of the world's countries are located within 200 miles of a coastline. When crises erupt anywhere in the world, the nation calls upon its Marine Corps to rapidly carry out its foreign policy objectives. They are the nation's "rapid-reaction" force, and perhaps the most feared force in the world. Marines operate domestically and all over the globe. As a rapid-reaction focused force, many spots where they work are risky at best. They are primarily tasked with first-on-the-scene missions, awkward or challenging missions that involve sea-land work, security, and anything with a high probability of gunfire. Don't forget - they are the world's most feared warriors! Some examples of Marine missions:

Major warfare missions

1. "Small" warfare - city fighting, skirmishes, etc. - often high-intensity and short time-span

2. Base / embassy / target security

3. Troop-to-ship warfare - landing on a target ship and overtaking it (as opposed to ship-to-ship warfare)

4. Combat-support flight missions

Here are some examples of Marines and their missions: Marine teaches martial arts to Lowcountry residents April 23, 2004 MARINE CORPS AIR STATION BEAUFORT, SC -- Hip-toss, choke-hold and grapple are heard throughout the Marine Corps during martial arts training. To one Marine, those words mean more than another colored belt. To him it means class has started. When Cpl. John Manguno, Jr., avionics technician, Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 533, is not repairing communication systems on an F/A-18 Hornet, he can be found teaching submission fighting at his martial arts school, McCullough Submission Fighting in Port Royal. Manguno joined the Marine Corps in 2000 after living in New Orleans for more than 20 years. "Before I came into the Corps, I had never left New Orleans," Manguno said. "I never would have dreamed of doing the things I do now or owning my own business." Monday through Friday, Manguno teaches submission fighting to children and adults at his school. Manguno has been practicing martial arts for more than 20 years. For the past five years he has been experiencing the art as a teacher. While in Operation Iraqi Freedom, Manguno helped to keep his Marines physically fit by teaching them martial arts. "I try to take martial arts with me everywhere I go," Manguno said. "You never know when you'll have the chance to teach someone, so I try to never miss that chance." "He doesn't let the fact he owns a business affect his work," Chief Warrant Officer Tim Herron, Mangunos' officer-in-charge. "He never leaves unless the job is done. His humbleness is what makes him the go-to guy around here. He's a great part of this team." 'Magnificent Bastards' honor their fallen April 20, 2004 CAMP BLUE DIAMOND, Iraq -- The reflected sunlight, glaring off the aluminum slates of engraved metal, hung in silent tribute to Marines and sailors killed fighting the enemy in Ar Ramadi. Marines paused, heads bowed, to remember their dead. A memorial service was held at Camp Combat Outpost, Iraq April 11. Marines from 2nd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment honored their fallen from the previous two weeks' fighting. It was a final salute for the 1st Marine Division warriors who call themselves the "Magnificent Bastards." "The most honorable act a warrior can perform is to conduct himself with courage and honor in the face of the enemy," said Sgt. Maj. James E. Booker, battalion sergeant major. "Those that do and do not return from that encounter deserve to be memorialized by their brothers that have returned from battle," Booker added. Intelligence discoveries paint picture of enemy in Fallujah April 14, 2004 FALLUJAH, Iraq(April 14, 2004) -- Marines operating in Fallujah are gaining a clearer picture of the enemy they face. Intelligence gathered from enemy dead, daily patrols and documents is proving links between terrorists and former regime elements loyal to deposed dictator Saddam Hussein. "What we've discovered on the northern end of town are still people seemingly loyal to Saddam," said 1st Lt. Edward M. Solis, who has led numerous foot-patrols leading to the discovery of enemy intelligence. The intelligence discoveries are evidence to Marines on the line that they are continually gaining ground against the enemy. Sgt. Jeremy Miller, a squad leader with 1st Platoon, said the motivation of the platoon has been at an all-time high. "They're excited about doing what they got to do," Miller said. "The Marines can march through Fallujah from one side to the other, and keep pushing. Morale is very high." "If the enemy only knew of the will of our Marines they would've given up by now," Solis added

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links