Old 04-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default New operation name

David

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 27-09-2001 at 17:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone noticed they changed the operation name for our attack on terrorism after muslims protested? Maybe we are rethinking our position on the world. Diplomacy can go a long way towards reducing our negative foreign image.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile www Qoute
GoldenDragon

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 27-09-2001 at 19:01
The name "Infinite Justice" was offensive to many Muslims as they feel only God can understand and impose infinite justice. In that respect they are right.
Our leaders and our country has a tightrope to walk right now. The main sticking point in my own mind is, just how far do we go in compromising between the ideas of Christianity and other religions?

Profile Email www Qoute
KOOL

Registered to :Sep 27, 2001
Posted 27-09-2001 at 19:45
My all time favorite movie actor is Akim Tomeroff (now you know how old I am). I can't remember the name of the movie (you haven't seen it) but I will take to my grave (far off, I hope) the way he said just two words, "I provoke." ...trill the R.

David: Where did you get the idea that we have a "negative foreign image."? To the people who hate us? Yes. To the people who are jealous of us? Yes. To the people who envy us? Yes. To the people who know they can never be as great and as powerful and as proud as we are? Yes. To hell with them! We don't give a damn what they think, at least I don't.

Profile Qoute
David

Posted 27-09-2001 at 20:32
Hehe, I agree to hell with them but if there is a marketplace to be opened first....

Profile www Qoute
arrow

Posted 29-09-2001 at 03:14
Because we are living in a Republic I don't believe we should be at all concerned at the idea of being very tolerant of the beliefs of others. This country was founded upon the idea of religious freedom. Remember the dog that bites someone else may come back to bite you depending what the persecution of the day is. If changing the name lessened the offence to those that believe different than we do then we all gain. This war we are fighting may be a "holy war" to those that attacked us but for us it is a fight for a way of life that affords men the choice to be "holy" or not.

-----------------
The LT said: "Keep Movin"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links