The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2005, 07:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Maggie, a lot of the ingredients in products are secret for business reasons. That is what makes their products unique and they don't want to share: Colonel Sander's eleven herbs and spices. There is one place where they are exposed. It is the Poison Control Centers. Usually these are in the local ERs and if you have a good friend in an ER you might get access to them. Just don't reveal your sorces or we might see Poison Control centers disbanded.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:52 PM

Default I've heard that before

One lady in product development said to call the manufacturer and say the baby drank it or some such thing ...

Anyway, do you think that 2-butoxyethanol or its complex version might be the 'proprietary ingredient' in CLP?

The warning about 'defatted skin' is a match; and someone in the military told me that the troops clean their weapons daily with products that contain 2-butoxyethanol

I suspect gulf war vet, Chad's defatted skin on his upper thighs might be from that cause

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:25 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default old days

This is not intended to be a dig, just a memory.

I was thinking of the night the mosquitoes and probably a few other things really got to me. Sort of went over the edge a little. I closed and locked up an APC then sprayed an entire can of DDT, killing most of those little buggers. DDT, for those who forgot, tastes lousy. So I put a gas mask on. After a few minutes I lift the mask, light a cigarette and started smoking with the mask back on (which is a very difficult thing to do). 10 minutes later took off the mask and finished the beer I had been drinking. Just as I finished the beer a mosquito flew into my eye. Did I mention we were set up in an area were all the green life was dead. We?d been there for a few days. Day before we arrived the area was sprayed with agent orange.

I?ll tell my kids about Pam having a possibility of being dangerous (really) but right now, I need a Marlboro.

You folks stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-16-2005, 08:34 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Laughing with tears in my eyes Andy....

Thatstory reminds me of an old country song...

That ends with...

"If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all"

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 02-17-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: old days

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Day before we arrived the area was sprayed with agent orange.
Truth is stranger than fiction ... thanks for sharing ... your memories.

I've heard that they sprayed the foliage under the Alyeska Pipeline in Alaska with Agent orange mix. Don't know whether or not it is true, but since it was built in the late 70's - could be

In central Alaska there is a lot of cancer now-a-days.

Agent orange, or dioxin may have been most harmful because it was mixed with jet fuel which I learned on THIS forum.

(& that is suspect for 'the chemical' I share on)
Boy, it sounds like you have some chemical exposures alright, Andy!

I don't think the propellant in products is the real hazard, of course, but something to be aware of.

This chemical has been harming us since its invention in the 1930s - Sssso why did it showed up so much in the first gulf war?

on Flu Symptoms

Old 02-17-2005, 05:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I was told that there's an acceptable amount of rat poopy allowed
in hotdogs....Is this true?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 02-17-2005, 05:55 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

A few years ago, there was a focus on huffing (sniffing glue or propellant from spray cans) in the war on drugs.

At that time, many companies changed their propellant to one that would not make kids high. Pam was one that the news focused on due to its availability and kids being able to by it without atracting too much attention.

This may also be the reason that they won't give out information on propellants.

Joy

Old 02-17-2005, 06:45 AM

Default a thought

That's a thought

However, I think if people were to ask about the propellant in different products, they could find it

on Flu Symptoms

Old 02-17-2005, 07:03 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Maggie

Maggie,

Mixing A.O. with jet fuel? I?ve honestly never heard of that. It was mixed with diesel fuel or kerosene as far as I know. Jet fuel would have made it very dangerous for the crews who were doing the spraying. Just imagine one tracer bullet going into a jet fuel mist! Large boom, one former airplane.

Don't know about your state but don't doubt it. I do know that A.O. has been used in up state Minn. They used it under high tension wires. Was told by the locals it doesn't have the same affect due to the temp or whatever.

Sis, I was having lots of bad luck at the time. That incident took place during Tet. With one year and about one week in the Army I was functioning as the platoon leader and guys were getting killed and badly hurt all around me. Those little flying bugs were the last straw. It's really weird but I remember Jerry Lee Lewis was singing about drinking wine on the radio while that happened. Strange the little things we recall.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-17-2005, 07:29 AM

I look at this list of harm to you guys and it makes me cry

AND most especially because I doubt that they are blaming the right thing for it. ... & continuing to harm others, like Chad

So the web page I started for him, has more application

Kerosene could have 2-butoxyethanol in it

I think they put it in lots of things

even gun cleaners, as I've shared already

I'm wondering about a few other things, too - but probably won't bother you with everything I think.

on Flu Symptoms