Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > World War II

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2022, 06:16 AM

Unhappy Betty White remembered by US Army for WWII volunteer service

Betty White remembered by US Army for WWII volunteer service
By: Nate Day - Fox News - 01-02-22
Re: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...unteer-service

Video link on site: or;

The U.S. Army is among the number of organizations and public figures to offer up tributes to the late Betty White following her passing.

The television icon's death was confirmed Friday at age 99, just 18 days shy of her 100th birthday.

Since the news of her passing, many admirers have paid tribute to her legendary career on the big and small screens.

What some may be surprised to learn, however, is that White was also involved in the American Women's Voluntary Services (AWVS) during World War II.

2: link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FH9jgjhX...jpg&name=small
We are saddened by the passing of Betty White.

U.S. Army posted: Not only was she an amazing actress, she also served during WWII as a member of the American Women's Voluntary Services.

A true legend on and off the screen.

Her service in the organization – which provided support services to aid the nation during wartime – was highlighted by the Army after her death.

"We are saddened by the passing of Betty White," read a message from the organization's official Twitter account. "Not only was she an amazing actress, she also served during WWII as a member of the American Women's Voluntary Services."

BETTY WHITE CREDITED LONG, HAPPY LIFE TO DOING WHAT SHE LIKED - INCLUDING EATING HOT DOGS, VODKA

The message added: "A true legend on and off the screen."

White first joined AWVS in 1941 and drove a PX truck of supplies in California, according to Cleveland magazine.

BETTY WHITE WAS 4TH ‘MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW’ CAST MEMBER LOST IN 2021

"It was a strange time and out of balance with everything, which I’m sure the young people are going through now," the actress told the outlet. "We’ll never learn. We’ll never learn."

Her agent and close friend Jeff Witjas confirmed the news of her passing on Friday.

"Even though Betty was about to be 100, I thought she would live forever," Witjas said in a statement to People magazine. "I will miss her terribly and so will the animal world that she loved so much. I don't think Betty ever feared passing because she always wanted to be with her most beloved husband Allen Ludden. She believed she would be with him again."

The cause of death is unclear. Reps for White and the Monterey County Sheriff's Department did not immediately respond to Fox News' requests for comment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: I remember Betty White and when she goes to Heaven she can meet
up with her old gang and they can party and have a few laughs. God Bless You Betty
and thank for your service to our Country - We will all miss you.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links