The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Warfare > Warfare

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2004, 01:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy War - Quilts

Today my beloved Lady Carol and me are home here, on my one day off a week...

She is quietly building the various cloth patches and rick rack and so forth to have us a nice quilt for our bed one day not too long from now. Lady Carol is retired, if I can keep it thataway

What I was thinking though, and she does too, is all this news in print and on TV about our Americans who have been maimed and died for the cause of our freedom... our freedom to sit home of a Sunday and watch our wives make quilts.

We are enjoying that freedom, for sure. We would not be much use at our ages carrying weapons and driving them old trucks in the sandboxes of this new world order. (p.s. If'n ya give us the Call, howsomever, we WILL come forth!)

Yet, the heart is burdened...

Lady Carol, quiltmaker (and putter up with me) last served professionally at Omni Air International, a charter airline who ferried our people over to and back from the sandbox and Germany... she did what she could to help make their lives better.

Like a quilt... it is a patient enterprise, this democracy.

Just thinking... about the young people who have lost limbs, eyesight, speech, movement, careers, and lives for Lady Carol and me to have this sacred time, here at home, making a quilt, with no thought of incoming, no thought of what bend in the road might explode into horrid shrapnel, nor from which window might come deadly fire, and wake us up to a life not ever known before...

Dear God, protect them if it is your pleasure, and let them come home to quilts and safe haven again, very soon.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2004, 01:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Amen

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote