The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Jan 68

We were making daily patrols west on RT 9 from Lang Vei. Every once in awhile we would come across a place where it looked like a couple hundred guys had stayed the nigh before, It was spooky. We were becomming nocturnal, Sleeping during the day and staying up all night, The Stars were so bright and so many of them, Funny the crapp you remember so many years ago.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2005, 09:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hi, Ron

Yeah, alot of memories pop up around this time of year. I hope, like mine, most of the sharp edges have rounded off over the years so they don't hurt much. It's sure been great to have a place to write them down and tell them to friends that have "been there - done that" these past 4 or 5yrs..

A Happy, SAFE, New Year to you and your family, my friend.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

What Tom and Ron said. . Never saw so many shooting stars. And scared but not dead
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:29 AM

I was on the DMZ in Jan 1968 . Don't remember the stars . I do remember the cold rain and thick clouds. Cold and wet constantly , anything hot was appreciated. Even ham and limas.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Not really looking forward to the end of the month Tet will be on my mind for a while. Tet 68 was a real bad time for me, and probably most of us who were there when it broke out.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-08-2005, 03:42 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Tet

We had some contact from the 18 to maybe the 25 of January '68. Remember the 18th so well because my best friend took a direct hit with an RPG while I was looking at him. Then it got quiet. Of course, on the 31st all hell ripped and we had contact every day till the 16th. I guess our unit had contact a little longer but on the 16th of Feb. I got a free ride in a chopper to the hospital at Cu Chi. Only a week in the hospital but it wasn't one of those John Kerry injuries.

Yeah, we're coming up on a time when lots of us have those "feelings". REMEMBER, talk about it, don't hold it inside.

Stay healthy,
Andy