The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Google is a powerful weapon

Larry and I have been having this debate about global warming in the Troubling Times thread. He gave a bunch of references about global warming and I was starting to read them I picked the first one at random, this one: [media]http://www.uoguelph.ca/~rmckitri/research/WegmanReport.pdf[/media] It is a scientific paper written by three men called Wegman, Scott and Said. It discusses the invalidness of studying tree rings and coral reefs and other markers being used for climate change. I looked up what and who they were and it turns out they are mathematics and statistics professors at George Mason University. Wegman's field is engineering statistics and the others are more general fields of statistics. That sounded a little screwy so I looked further and found that their paper was written for Rep Joe Barton, R Texas. He is on the House Comittee on Energy and Commerce. I checked out his job history and found he was a consultant for Richfield Oil company at one time. So we have a group of statisticians writing a paper about tree rings and coral reefs which was funded by a congressman who was an employee of the oil industry. But that wasn't the screwy part. It is much screwier than that. This Yasmin Said guy has coauthored other papers. One that I found was a statistics paper he coauthored with a guy named Fahad Bin Muhaya from Iman University. That piqued my interest so I looked up the university. Iman University is not a Univerity in the real sense but is in fact a religious school in Yemen whose director is Abdullah-Majid al-Zindi. This guy is designated by the State Department as a specially designated global terrorist and an affiliate of Al Queda. Man, I would love to follow the money on that one. And by all means don't take my word for it, look for yourself. And don't go to a blog. Go to what the man says about himself.

Last edited by 1CAVCCO15MED; 07-25-2008 at 11:22 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2008, 07:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

touche.

Larry
Old 07-26-2008, 02:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sorry Larry. I wrote something wrong on the post. The congressman did not finanace the study that I know of. He sponsored it.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Waytago Doc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CAVCCO15MED View Post
Larry and I have been having this debate about global warming in the Troubling Times thread. He gave a bunch of references about global warming and I was starting to read them I picked the first one at random, this one: [media]http://www.uoguelph.ca/~rmckitri/research/WegmanReport.pdf[/media] It is a scientific paper written by three men called Wegman, Scott and Said. It discusses the invalidness of studying tree rings and coral reefs and other markers being used for climate change. I looked up what and who they were and it turns out they are mathematics and statistics professors at George Mason University. Wegman's field is engineering statistics and the others are more general fields of statistics. That sounded a little screwy so I looked further and found that their paper was written for Rep Joe Barton, R Texas. He is on the House Comittee on Energy and Commerce. I checked out his job history and found he was a consultant for Richfield Oil company at one time. So we have a group of statisticians writing a paper about tree rings and coral reefs which was funded by a congressman who was an employee of the oil industry. But that wasn't the screwy part. It is much screwier than that. This Yasmin Said guy has coauthored other papers. One that I found was a statistics paper he coauthored with a guy named Fahad Bin Muhaya from Iman University. That piqued my interest so I looked up the university. Iman University is not a Univerity in the real sense but is in fact a religious school in Yemen whose director is Abdullah-Majid al-Zindi. This guy is designated by the State Department as a specially designated global terrorist and an affiliate of Al Queda. Man, I would love to follow the money on that one. And by all means don't take my word for it, look for yourself. And don't go to a blog. Go to what the man says about himself.

This just adds support to what I've been saying for many, many years now.

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote