The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Doc.2/47

booger K here reporting from normandy Tenn. where Im outnumbered by a couple of sutherners. See ya all tomorrow
Bob K
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Doc.2/47

We got here just in the nick of time. Hal was about to have to clean an room. Whew! Gonna have some barbecue.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Stick called and can't make it. Got the coffee ready and heading out as soon as I awake......no later than 0500.....

Packed up...

Pack.....be there soon!

Hal....make Bob squeal like a pig at least once!

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Git me on da plane,...

...A long time waitin'

...my momma told a story,...............................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Doc.2/47

We are outta here!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

You All enjoy the pig fling and goat roping contest. If your willing a midget toss is really fun too.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Re: Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy

James,

The Varsity Drive In is located at the corner of North Avenue and I-75/85 just before they split (just across the interstate from Georgia Tech) and one block south of West Peachtree Street. You can take the North Avenue exit or the 10th Street exit off I-75/85 and you can't miss it. If you do, just ask the first person you come across and they'll get you there. They also got the BEST 'Orange Slush' drink in the world!

The best Civil War (actually the War of Northern Aggression!..... .....) battlefield is Kennesaw Mountain National Park Battlefield about 25 miles Northwest of Atlanta. Any visitors guide will have directions to this site. The Confederate forces actually lost LESS troops (casulaties) than did the Yankees at this battle, but still couldn't sustain the losses long enough to prevent the eventual burning of Atlanta by that dastardly villlian Sherman! His name to this day conjurs up visions of misery and undue injustice to my hometown and homestate brethren. We will NEVER FORGET!...............

I'd love to go with you but I have to be back in Buford, GA Saturday night because I'm also in town for my grandaughter Kalies 8th birthday. Her actual birthday is on Friday April 28th and I'm cooking her some of my World Famous Gimpys' Ragin Cajun Asian Redneck Bar-B-Que Pork Tenderloin for her birthday party that I'm also bringing to the mountain on Saturday. I've already promised her and her sister Mandy that we would go to Lake Lanier Islands on Sunday with some of her friends and family.

Maybe we can do the Ft. Benning thing next year.

See ya Saturday on the mountain my friend.
Gimp

I'll definitely give the Varsity a look either coming or going.
Too bad you can't tour the site with me b ut I'll hit Kennesaw Mountain. Always rmembered that baseball judge named Kennesaw Mountain Landis, now I'll see what the place ,look s like--Anybody else wanna go?
Re: "...the eventual burning of Atlanta by that dastardly villlian Sherman! His name to this day conjurs up visions of misery and undue injustice to my hometown and homestate brethren. We will NEVER FORGET!............... "
Well, all I'll say is there's civil war monuments for dead soldiers other places than the South-- I seen em. C'mon you guys--after 141 years can't you take a joke? The South runs the country now anyway, whats the problem?
If you be talking secession at this time I mought be listening at this time tho.
I'm going to cleanup and then head for the airport--taking the redeye but nonstop--still: $500 to Atlanta? Cost me $546 to fly to Costa Rica and back
Ciao Yall
Stay good
See ya in tha land of the Giant Peach
James
Old 04-29-2006, 06:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Lil' LT. here- just got back from the mtn. and everyone is doing great- Andy"Paco missses you" He asked me to tell you that!!! everyone missses you and wishes you were there w/ them! I'm going to try to foward some pictures to arrow so she can post them b/c I don't know how! LOVE YOU ALL- L'il' LT.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Without!

Without Chris, Sis, and Keith up on the Mountain there must be some strange things going on. You got Bob K., Curtis, and Andy up on that mountain with them there Johnny Rebs, dangerous things can happen. I hope Steve Johnson, Frisco Kid, and James Worth can be worthy moderators and keep that bunch out of trouble.

K.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:32 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Here ya go Lil Sis.

Keith,

Not to worry, with the exception of a few youngsters on the mountain, old age will slow the rest of 'emdown.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."