The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2007, 08:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up To All Vietnam Veterans/A Time To Remember:

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters:

I want to take a moment or two to wish all of you a most enjoyable Veteran's Day. While the day originally was set aside to honor World War I Veterans it has now been extended to include all Veterans, from all wars, as well as Veterans that were spared the misfortune of serving in a Combat Zone during their enlistment.

When we first came home, the very people we fought to protect and defend shunned us. In some instances we were even spat upon and attacked physically just for answering our Country's call when it was needed so in an unpopular war that no one chose to support. Politicians and American Citizens alike!!

Fortunately though, that anti Vietnam setiment is slowly changing and most of the very people we fought for, and then who shunned us for defending them, now publicly thank us for our service. While I welcome the change in thinking, I still doubt the sincerity in their praise and thanks.

The only people I completely trust, and can talk with openly, are other Vietnam Veterans. All of you have been there and know what truely went on in Vietnam. We are a closed fraternity in which not just anyone can be a member of. You all are definately members of my EXTENDED FAMILY and I wish to thank all of you on this Holiday that was set aside just to show thaks to all veterans. Including all of us Vietnam Veterans!! Be proud that you served our Country as we have nothing to be ashamed of for having the courage to have served in America's most unpopular war to date. We did not take the coward's way out and run to Canada. We faced our responsibility and defended our country when our country needed our service the most. Bless all of you for that service!!

On this day to remember, I want to wish all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters a most HEART FELT and SINCERE:

WELCOME HOME:

VIETNAM 1968

Last edited by VIETNAM 1968; 11-11-2007 at 08:09 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 08:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

I agree with you 100%. Especially, about most of those people not being sincere in their praise and thanks.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote