The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Study for 2-butoxyethanol exposure

special-assistant@deploymenthealth.osd.mil 8-13-04

Dept of Defense, Deployment health: Do you have grants or assistance for studies in the area of chemical exposure for troops?

This is for 2-butoxyethanol (& similar family of chemicals such as diethylene glycol monobutyl ether) that gulf war troops of 90-91 were exposed to; but it has not been studied www.valdezlink.com/same.htm What does the Dept of Defense KNOW the exposures were? I can think of a few others you may not know. www.valdezlink.com/usa_hoodwinked.htm

If a barrel of Corexit that has 38% of this chemical is sitting in the ARMS room, it would be a serious exposure
http://www.ragereport.com/phpbb/nfph...pic.php?t=1842 So is this chemical in jet fuel and in weapon cleaning ingredients?
This is an unnecessary exposure for our troops. If they can't wear the chemical goggles and chemical retardant gloves and have ventilation equivalent to outdoors ... get other products without this poison/pesticide/poison. It shouldn't be stored in areas that are hot, either.

I believe the identifying marker of this chemical's harm is abnormal ratio of mature to immature red blood cells
The 'retic ratio' will be off. www.valdezlink.com/why_fatigue.htm

I would give people who were gulf war vets and those also with CFS and CFIDS (similar definition if you look closely)
a survey similar to this www.valdezlink.com/health_survey_for_doctor.htm

And for a starter group pick those who recall a time with very abnormal blood sugar (either high or low) after flu-like symptoms & they may also remember urine turning dark AND eyes burning and hurting.

Any doctor who has seen this person in the state that they live can order this 'retic ratio' from the blood lab nearest to where the person lives. . . and then sign off on the results of the tests. www.valdezlink.com/check_blood.htm#retic With all the symptoms the gulf war vets have ... this one should be the same for all of them; leading eventually for a diagnosis for this fatigue of autoimmune hemolytic anemia. When you have too many immature red blood cells, then other tests such as those for white blood cells and for liver ... are off www.valdezlink.com/hemolytic_anemia_tests.htm

AND yes, the general population is equally harmed and has been for half a century. I suggest the comparison group being the Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup workers. Even those who were not the bioremediation workers came into contact with 2-butoxyethanol. It could just be blown their direction by the wind, or they could come across remains on the beaches. In cold temperatures, it hangs around. www.valdezlink.com/intro.htm

www.valdezlink.com/inipol/pages/experiment.htm It was a failed experiment, but at present the worst version of these chemical is still around, and I believe to be a primary source of harm to our troops then and now: Corexit is 38% 2-butoxyethanol and also may have ethylene oxide which causes pulmonary edema - lungs fill up with fluid. In hot temperatures, barrels of this sitting in the arms room are a recipe for disaster.

More info on this chemical
msds AND

I would hope to involve hospice - non profit - such as the one that is so well put together in FL sun coast. These people are living a slow death & will need counseling ... and their families.

Sincerely,

Margaret Diann Hursh
PO Box 233
Valdez, AK 99686

907-835-5333
mother_margaret@yahoo.com

Those who feel they may be affected may contact me on my toll free number
1-888-853-5333

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?