The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2003, 12:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy No Body Armor Indeed?

?VERY INTERESTING!!!!?

I rarely watch C-Span, but this morning, I decided to tune in to hear what was going on!

I carefully darned my hip boots, pulled out the largest shovel in my shed, and then planted myself, seat-belt secured, on my old, worn out sofa!

I listened to each faction stating their cases on Iraq, and being as independent as a cat in ?Mouseville?, I began to suspiciously nibble at the rhetoric flowing from both sides of the Aisle!

One subject redundantly repeated itself however, and it really pissed me off - that subject being the fact that many of our troopers in country (Iraq and even Afghanistan), lacked sufficient body armor, if indeed, they had any at all?

It was also mentioned that many of our tracked vehicles were being sidelined for lack or repairs (including track), which reminded me of the local Border Patrol parking area, where many, many of the vehicles sit broken down, again for lack of money and repairs (opinion)!

If (?) this is indeed true, and our government is still intent on rebuilding Iraq to their specifications, all $87 Billion Dollars worth, then might I suggest that our government first address the mortal needs of our military in the field!

I have heard some here on line say that rebuilding Iraq will not cost $87 Billion Dollars at all, and that most of this money will go toward our armed forces needs - ?WELL, I DAMNED WELL HOPE SO!! But I also heard a few Congressmen claiming that the total cost of this war may eventually top $400 Billion Dollars!? And again I ask you - where will this money come from, and how much of it will be used for it?s intended purpose, and not just to further line the pockets of members of the in-crowd, Republican or Democrat alike?

Our soldiers ?MUST NEVER? come second to corporate profit, political agenda, or the old shit shovel!!

VERITAS