The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2005, 04:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry The Two Billion-dollar Chicken-Wire Fence!

Proposals for even more border fencing are in the works. Last month, Rep. Duncan Hunter - California, introduced legislation that, among other things, calls for a 2,000-mile fence from the Pacific Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico at an estimated $1,000,000 million per mile!

Congressman Hunter has long been an able proponent of a secure border with Mexico, but the old saying about ?GOOD FENCES - GOOD NEIGHBORS MAKE? may be a bit outdated, especially when that fence covers such a vast expanse of bleak wilderness! Hell, in places, you could march a battalion of determined men through this area, virtually undetected! The hundreds of thousands of illegals that trample through this area yearly at will, gives ample proof of this sad analogy!

BOTTOM LINE - The current methods of securing our borders, noble and well intended though they be, just ain?t working. And even with the hiring of an additional 1000 Border Patrol Agents, that is several thousand too little, in my opinion!

Now add to this the fact that the government plans on spending about $35,000,000 to accomplish work on but a five (5) mile section of Border Fence, and futility (given the current plan), is the only word that I can come up with to describe the situation! ?REMEMBER NOW, that is but an additional 1000 men, dedicated though they may be, to cover the 2000 often desolate miles along the Mexican Border alone, not taking into account our Northern Border or the rest of the U.S.A.!?

Now add to this the fact that our men are often outgunned, using equipment that is in many cases broken down or outdated, and ordered to utilize a kid-gloves attitude for fear of offending Senior Fox or the bleeding hearts in our midst, and you begin to think that the best policy is just to abandon the ?Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo?, roll back the calendar in the Southwest by 158 years, tear down the entire length of expensive Border Fence that is already constructed, and declare a wide-open border - the whole idea (of a few) from the start I?ll bet!?

The Maginot Line did not work, the Great Wall of China did not work, the Berlin Wall alone did not work, and neither will a fence that stretches the entire distance of our border. Fences, after all, merely keep honest people honest - and you can bet your ?All American Ass? that this 2000 miles, $2 Billion Dollar plus Border Fence, will end up costing billions more than the price that is currently being quoted!

But what the Hell, after the lucrative contracts in Iraq, I am sure that a few multi-billion dollar corporations, now operating in the Middle East, would be quite eager to take on this ?Vestigial Border Fence? as a new ?Golden Egg Laying Goose!?

?Now could you imagine the rush for profits if black gold were to be discovered along the Mexican side of the International Border - hey, come to think of it - maybe it already has, in one form or another??

?In closing, let me say that this Border Fence is at least an idea, and new and workable ideas seem to be in short supply in all parts of the world these days!?

ADDENDUM TO $2 BILLION DOLLAR CHICKEN WIRE FENCE

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont..._1n7immig.html

If you take the time to read the above web-site, and I hope that you will, you will attain more information on illegal numbers, as well as the fact that many (if not most) of the illegals in our nation already had guaranteed jobs in the United States before they even started across the border. ?Now what does that tell you?? :cd:

VERITAS
Old 12-08-2005, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

You Know - "Most people in this nation fully realize that our borders (especially the one to the south) are a real problem!" In fact, politicians bellow about it, our citizens gripe about it, our enforcement agencies warn us about it, but after all is said and done - the problem just sits there, unaddressed and festering! "Worse of all, those creating or abetting the situation, relish and profit from our confusion and our inactivity!"

Unfortunately, a few politicians take two weeks to realize that they need to go to the bathroom! It then takes them a week more to chose the right color toilet paper, three days to figure out how to unroll enough TP to get the job done, an then another day or two to debate on just how they are going wipe their backsides! By the time that they get around to the business at hand, it is usually too late - they have messed their pants, and it is always the people themselves who are forced to clean up, or live with, the mess!

The moral of this story is this: "If you don't like getting your hands dirty by cleaning up someone else's mess - fire the bums tasked with maintenance, or heave out the entity making the mess! Don't just sit there for two or four years, staring at the excrement and lamenting your misfortune!"

"IF SOMETHING DON'T WORK - FIX THE STUPID THING" - Either that, or just sit there feeling sorry for yourself until it is far too late to make any needed repairs! :cd:

VERITAS
Old 12-08-2005, 04:51 PM

I kind of like that fence the Israelis are putting up. Now that sucker's a FENCE!

RW
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:53 PM

Million bucks a mile? Why don't we get the wetbacks to do it. Each one works a week before we ship 'em back. Done in half the time with a quarter the cost over union work.
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:18 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

ROTOWASH - That's one helluva good idea - but Fox will never go for it. I heard a rumor that he is skacked-up in the White House broom closet keeping a close eye on things? :ek:

VERITAS
Old 12-09-2005, 08:48 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Many of you out there have never seen (other than in the media) the fence that is being constructed to dissuade illegal immigration! No fence, no matter how lofty of well constructed, can deter the truly motivated. And when people on both sides of that fence ignore the law, then that fence becomes noting more than a mega-million dollar pile of scrap metal and a monument to political bungling and bureaucratic daydreams!

Unless the Border Fence is bolstered by real determination, it might as well be made out of tissue paper and straw!

VERITAS