The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2009, 06:52 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Update on my grandpa

Well there is nothing the doctors are really willing to do to FIND out what is going on really. He couldn't tolerate the prep for a scope. He isn't a canidate for surgery. I am not upset at this, just wish we knew what was happening. He goes back on the 24th to get some bloodwork done to see if his hemogloben(sp?) is the same or even lowers. It lost a point in 2 weeks.

Thanks for theprayers everyone!

Now I have to find something green to wear. He has already pinched me when I gave him his coffee......
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 12:56 PM

Default Need more time -

Mel

Your PaPa will be OK - let's stay positive until they put a handle on whatever is bothering the old gent. Us old guys we get a little crochity every now and then. I will think good thoughts for him.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-19-2009, 04:54 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks!

He has been in a rather nasty mood today. Have been called a liar, stupid ass and a few other things today. Just been a rough day. He is eating more so thats a good thing. Has a killer fever sore on his lip. Going back to the doc on the 24th. More bloodwork to see whats changed with counts.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb

Melody,

I'm glad you have a place to come and tell on him. My Grandpa was so cantankerous when he had his stroke and was bedfast for over nine years. He would say such hurtful things to my Grandmother too. He was always nice to me but I was just a kid when I started helping her with him. I think it was those Tennessee Ernie Ford records I bought him with my baby sitting money. One day I realized when I was about twelve years old that music seemed to calm his spirit and take him places he would never go again. Those years made me appreciate with all my heart the caregivers heart and job. To borrow a line from Kate Hepburn’s character speaking to John Wayne’s character in Rooster Cogburn. "You're a credit to your gender and I'm proud to be your friend."

Arrow

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thank you Mel. Annette told me the other day that the Father don't bring you nothing He ain't gonna bring you through.Keep movin girl ! What Arrow said ,TWICE
Old 03-19-2009, 07:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Medical care should now be directed toward his comfort and well being.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks again everyone. Forgot I had posted this.

He is getting to a rather mean person at times. Not unexpected. Most days it doesn't bother me. Sometimes it does. The way life goes I guess.

We are not going to do anything drastic. Just make him comfy.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

May God Bless !!

Larry
Old 03-23-2009, 05:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Mel did you ever think your grand fathers being mean might be his way of buffering you to his going to the other side. I myself do the same thing when I'm not sure i'll make it to see the next day. that way it won't hurt my wife as much to see me go. I know thats it really dosen't work that way but thats how my warped mind works. his might too.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:29 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks again!

My grandpa is to see a cancer doctor on the 1st of april. He has a knot the size of a marble on a gland in his throat. I had to go with my grandma to her doc today so i wan't with my grandpa.

He has always been a touch on the nasty side...when you get on his bad side anyway....lol