The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2021, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up September 17 2021 & You Are There

9-17-2021

Eighty-One Years Old Today And I Am Still Alive and Kicking – “How About That?!”

When I slammed into this old world, in a town that was then known to be the most illiterate bastion of humanity in “The United States, I had no idea of the travails, the travels, the excitement, and even the heartbreaks that lay ahead? “None Of Us Do!!”

Of course, we have no way of knowing just how many years we will be allotted, how many roads we will get to travel, how much turf we will kick-out from beneath our toes, and just what we will accomplish (or not) in the years that lie deeply imbedded within the rear-view mirrors of life? And life, in effect, is truly a crapshoot that only a being that is far-advanced from our own reality - has all of the answers to?! “AND SO IT IS!!”

So, in the meantime, I suppose that I will just carry on for as long as I can, happy in the realization of the joys, remorseful over my many failures and screw-ups, and wondering just what lies ahead – And Even Far Beyond That?! (More Astounding Adventures - And Of This,

I Am Quite Sure!)

“DAY BY DAY, BY AMAZING AND CREATIVE DAY!!”

Hardcore
Old 09-17-2021, 11:40 AM

Thumbs up Happy Birthday Rick

Mileage is good - you're only as old as you feel.
You're here for a reason and you can teach those who forget the meaning of life.
-
Your words of wisdom are meaning full and they cause one to pause & reflect.
-
As you know I'm 75 and even now I have issues that come and go so it seems
it must be the occasional beer's I have at the VFW.
-
Many guys our age are showing sign's of illness of late - one guy just
broke his leg a few months ago and just a few days ago he fell and broke his
other leg (plus getting a bypass put in).
-
We've become somewhat brittle of late and memories fade from us every now and then.
-
Old age is not uncommon. We tend to try to do things we did for many years and find
out we just can't do many of them anymore. (Thank God for Grandson's).
-
I'm 75 and at times I forget what I was suppose to do and other times I'm reliving
my past - why maybe so I won't forget?
-
As you know my Kathleen is degrading more-so of late and tells me she just wants
to die - and that - no one should have live like this. But we all do our best and I
ferry here back and forth and a few errands. And I forget sometimes what I was
suppose to get if she isn't with me or I left the list at home.
She gets upset with me and she says I can't believe you forgot it.
-
But we've got 55 years together and they've been the best ones (not to say we haven't had an
occasional argument - or three - or more periodically).
-
I got my CT Scan's last week waiting for the VA readings and whether not I have cancer
or require major surgery. I think I told you I lost 53 .lbs in the last four months
(maybe six months not sure) and I've stabilized at 183 lbs. and feel a little better.
But I know time is catching up to us and we take each as best we can and hope
for another the next day - that's all any of us can do.
-
So old man - you are 81 that's pretty damn good. You got six years on me.
But reviewing the family history - I nearing the average death rate of my past family
and all prior relatives so I'm in the ball park - so I will see if I can manage another
5 yrs God Willing (if I'm lucky) and increase my beer intake to three or four beers
every now and then - at the VFW.
-
Our post is getting many new members of late the Afghanistan guys are showing up.
Though we still have a few WWII - Korea & VN guys still hanging on.
-
Well enjoy your Birthday and tell your wife to give you two slice's of birthday cake
and only one scoop of ice cream. Pour chocolate on the ice-cream or whip chream
on your cake?
-
Once Again HC - Happy Birthday
-
Wayne (aka Boats)

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 02:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats

Thanks for the greeting.

My body maybe falling apart but my mind is still functioning.

Your Friend

Rick [Hardcore]