The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2003, 06:44 AM

Thumbs up I took this very personally

I was in a VFW when a x-marine walked up and put a Dollar on the bar in front of me and said here you go sailor I forgot to give pay you for my taxi ride to VN.

I told him to shove this dollar up his ass and said who the hell did he think he was. Oh I'm a Marine he shouted. This isn't the first time I've encounted this type of harassment from the Marine Corp. and I doubt if it will be the last. But I can't tolerate this type of single warmanship that all Marines think they endure all by themselves.

We fight storms, we loose people on flight decks, in aircraft and at sea trying to supply them when they are ashore. We work more hours and know what our jobs are like they know what their jobs are. Each of us was trained to do a job. I didn't kill anyone directly but our equipment did. Our planes did. Our pilots suffered. Shipboard people suffered. Losses at sea. Losses from aircraft incidents. Losses from below deck accidents.

Hey Marines we loose people in support of you we know how to work as a team. All these people in the Coast Guard, Air Force and Army - all gave lives just like you did.

Why can't you guys just give us a break and accept that you would have had many more casulaties if it were not for the support given from the other services.

No one man is an army or a marine. Let's try to be a little more reasonable and try to understand that you at no time were ever alone "we" Army, Coast Guard, Air Force and the Navy were always there so support you - don't forget that.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2003, 06:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel Boats Don't mean nothing , there ain't no shortage of a$$holes in this world. Thank you for your service
Old 06-30-2003, 07:11 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats, that X-marine must have been a real jerk. It has been my experience as a Coastie that most Marines, appreciate us for our jobs, just ask any Marine who served on Guadal Canal with Chesty Puller. It was the Coast Guard operating from a Navy ship that pulled the Marines out of a very dangerous position on the Canal. We lost a man killed and several wounded pulling the Marines out of there.

This guy apparently has no idea about inter service cooperation. We would operate with the Air Force all the time when we did search and rescue or tailing the Russians off our coast. During Nam our Cutters in Squadron 3 would provide gunfire support for the Marines. Cutters in Suadron 1 went up the rivers blowing up ammo dumps and the like as well.

Now, Navy and Coast Guard work together on the same ships to interdict drugs. I think this guy was trying to imitate Kendrick on the movie a few good men. Remember when he said "I have nothing against the Navy. They give us a ride to where we have to go" or something like that. Your Marine thought he was being cool, when in reality he was being a jerk!!!

Regards,

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 06-30-2003, 03:31 PM

Default Coast Gaurd

I Must of had the same dumb drunk x-grunt at our post. He told me if he wanted to play it safe he would have joined the coast gaurd. Well I told him I did not know where he was in the world or what he had done, but I was in the Navy during the heavy drug running days of the early 80's around cuba and them boys had some bowling balls hanging between their legs seeing first hand some of the BS them boys though, and I felt safer on the deck of our carriar. Then I cheesed him off by telling him that it was F@cked up that they could not join me for a drink, because I would dame sure buy them a drink over you.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Cool

Hey I know that guy! It was an army friend of mine's ex-husband who used to beat her up! That's the kind of low life he was he picked on a woman half his size...that's the big bad marine! Seems he had a few friends like him....whoa scarey he can beat up women..... :ek: :ek: !! Let's hear it for the meathead!