Default Police Auction> like ebay..

http://www.stealitback.com/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2003, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb weapons

Like most weapons, in the hands of someone untrained and unprepared they are not only useless, they can been turned around and used on the victim.
When pepper spray first came out we had a woman pull it out on a guy who apparently was interested in mugging her. However after she was sprayed the perp not only robbed her he raped her too.
Being trained and being willing to use force comes first, then a person can consider what kind of "tool" they feel most comfortable with.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 06-16-2003, 05:35 PM

You're absolutely correct. I've been trained on several different weapons while in the Military and as a civilian. Even with the training I have, I wouldn't carry a weapon as a civilian. As an MP or Civilian Cop, I wouldn't hesitate to use my weapon in the line of duty. As a civilian, who knows. I wouldn't want to take the chance. I'll stick to target shooting and only use a weapon to injure or kill during a home invasion...I think a 12 or 20 gage shotgun would stop the perp. in his tracks. I could see his arms flying up in the air and begging for forgiveness when he hears the round chambered..
Old 06-16-2003, 06:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I own firearms!

Used for hunting only and target shooting only. In the home the guns and ammo are stored in different areas of the home. Never keep a loaded weapon in the home. Just my policy. There are times I think about maybe having access to one of my weapons in case of emergency but haven't gave in to that urge yet.

Keith
Old 06-17-2003, 02:38 AM
Doc.2/47

Have had occasion to go armed as a civilian at times.I have presented a weapon during 3 "incidents":

1. A home invasion.
2. An attempted burglery.
3. An attempted mugging.

In none of these cases was the weapon actually used except to show that one was present.The result was that there was no blood shed and crimes were prevented.

Unfortuneately,I was involved in one other incident in which excaped max. security prison inmates were involved and I was unable to produce a weapon.This resulted in a considerable amt. of bloodshed (much of it mine) and crimes were commited.

As a result I have become a big believer in the old saw:It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.