The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2004, 09:32 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Stupid Pc Bull

I am so sick of hearing about how people are offeneded. Something at the grammys wherea group performed and had something to do with Native American...tee pee and dancers dressed up.

Then you have this crud with Conan O'Brien. He did something up there in Canada that offended the french Canadians in Quebec.

People need to get over stuff.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2004, 08:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

melody1181;
Amen!!!

Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 02-15-2004, 02:20 AM

Totally agree with ya'll
Williams919
Old 02-15-2004, 03:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

I suppose it's one thing to take offense in person when the matter is private between people... but when it gets on the public airwaves it seems to me there is plenty to go around coming from every direction... and nobody has either much control of it nor much room to gripe.

In some ways it seems a lot of the PC stuff is the result of technology actually PREVENTING direct exchange of opinions between people... the call waiting, caller ID, voice mail systems, phone menus, answering machines, call blocking, and just plain downright not answering messages or not allowing messages to be conveyed.

Ever try to register a telephone complaint in person with the FCC? Don't bother, there is no way to do so.

Anyhow, I'm thinking some of this leads to people to go crying to their big brother to get out there and kick some butt FOR them... which is all PC really is, in the end, seems to me, eh?

etc etc etc
Old 02-25-2004, 10:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Ya!

They won't even let me tell:

Dixie HillyBilly Jokes anymore. or
Yankee Doodle Jokes either.

PC is to limit free political speech.

Keith
Old 02-25-2004, 10:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Try This one on

A student at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill who said in class that he opposed homosexuality on religious grounds was later singled out by his professor as a monger of hate speech in an email to his fellow students, reports the News & Observer.

The professor, Elyse Crystall, has since apologized for referring to the student as "a white, heterosexual, [C]hristian male" who "can feel entitled to make violent, heterosexist comments and not feel marked or threatened or vulnerable."

In the email to students in her Literature and Cultural Diversity class wrote, "[W]hat we heard [T]hursday at the end of class constitutes 'hate speech' and is completely unacceptable. [i]t has created a hostile environment."

The incident has prompted some healthy soul-searching by the News & Observer about the limits of free speech and thought on North Carolina campuses.

[A closing thought: would somebody like to set up a poll to determine the typical political persuasion of people who would take a "politically correct" stance on these topics?]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-25-2004, 12:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I've been ticked off about ever since they shucked Jimmy the Greek... grrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 02-25-2004, 02:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends...

"Political-correctness" being nothing more than political supremacy and/or self/slique-morally superior BULL,...I still wonder when all White, Hetorosexual Americans will become privy to such NONSENSE?

Hey,...and even though only truly knowledgable about Me and Mine,...I don't believe all White Hetorosexual Americans are really that bad a lot. Some of us too must be also a bit sensitive (myself excluded)? Some of us too might also get offended occasionally (myself excluded)? Some of us too would similarly like receiving governmental preferentialities and TRUE representation (myself included).

Besides, what ever happened to that: "EQUALITY" bit??? In current America can one ONLY be: "EQUAL" and be doubly represented if Black, Brown or Yellow??? It sure seems so. Hell,...IT IS SO!!!

Neil
Old 02-25-2004, 04:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Recon - ever notice how criticism of a PC violation is so often tied to some form of economic benefit to the aggrieved party(s)?, eh?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:37 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BLUE...

I and no doubt MANY OTHERS have most certainly noticed the tie-in to Economic Benefits to The Aggrieved,...even when no living person has actually been aggrieved at all, and only some ancient ancestors were.

After all, and since as: "We The (Schnooks)" are perpetually forced/dictated paying for such biasedly preferential NON$ENsE,...how-the-hell could ANYONE not notice such NON$EN$E perpetrated with MY/YOUR/OUR hard earned monies???

Neil, A Happy Taxpayer and/or Obedient Political Victim