The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2003, 10:28 AM

Default Are there now 3 female POW's??

The news yesterday was that, when that "hospital" was discovered, the uniform(s) of female service members were also found, shredded and covered with blood. Not too far down the hall was that "torture chamber" with the mattress and the car battery.

My heart is heavy and sick with worry for these women. I especially fear for them when and if they come back to face the emotional wreckage of their experiences in Iraq. I look at the VA system as it stands today, stripped of resources and lack of funding, and I wonder how this country is ever going to be able to bind up their wounds and care for the wounds of their battles. Or if it will even care, after the war is over and the "soldier's season" is over. God help us.

Good Lord in Heaven, I pray for the safety of these brave men and women who have, so unselfishly, stepped forward to answer our nation's call. Give them the strength to bear what they have to bear.

Peace.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2003, 01:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Angry

Amen to that! I feel the same way. Dear God be with them!
Old 04-01-2003, 04:41 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Jessica Lynch rescued

Old 04-03-2003, 08:53 AM

theoddz,

I fully agree with your statement about the VA system. Monies have been cut way back and after this conflict more men and women will need this program more than ever.

Our government will have to adopt a new plan to take care of the additional Vets but somehow I think when its over they will find some way to duck the issues and move on to other things.

It's a common thing to see after each war or conflict the government pumps you up only to pull the rug out from under you when the needs are the greatest.

Loops holes or technical jargon will be written to offset promises made and not kept. Many on this site have been witness to it and it doesn't look much better for the new Vets who will be returning soon.

Regardless I'll be there to shake all their hands where-ever I run into one of them. They did a swell job and we are all very proud of those people in uniform.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-04-2003, 03:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

tHEY ARE ALREADY SAYING jESSE WILL BE ALRIGHT AND WE KNOW SHE WILL NOT. I HOPE AND PRAY SHE DOESN'T GET TREATED LIKE SO MANY OTHER VETS BY THE SYSTEM AS WELL AS THE OTHER WOUNDED. MY SON WHOSE RETIRMENT WAS FROZEN WAS JUST SENT OVER. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM. HE SENT MANY YEARS IN SPECIAL OPS. THEY GAVE HIM ONE DAYS NOTICE.HE HAS SPENT SO MUCH TIME AWAY FROM HIS THREE CHILDREN AND WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO FINALLY BEING WITH THEM. MY ONLY NEPHEW ALSO LIKE A SON HAS ALSO REENLISTED.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:51 PM

I will be praying for your son -Judy and your nephew. Your son must be very special.

Old 04-05-2003, 04:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to RocelsGirl Send a message via Yahoo to RocelsGirl

It make my heart sad to think about what services will be offered to her.
I know from personal family experience that they are saddly lacking. I am not saying this to insult anything. Just point out that there is much improvement needed in this area.
The military does try to help those who have been POW's, but when it come to Female POW's. There is a very black hole. Not just the military's but everywhere.
Has there ever been Females who have gone through anything like this and survived. I doubt it. As Iraq puts no value on females.

The light is that she does have a warm and caring family, I think they will be the ones to help her the most.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Well, today we found out the fate of the third MIA/POW female soldier she was ID'd as one of the eight who did not make it sent to Dover AFB after the rescue of Jessie,So lets hope the 5 POW's in the Bagdad Hilton keep healthy and come home soon and also the two chopper pilots. and any one else unaccounted for. God Bless them all.