The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2006, 06:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Canuk PM to recognize Quebec as a Nation!

Oh, this is a hoot. Hell, France ain't even a nation anyone takes seriously, let alone a bunch of French wannabee's. Years ago, like over 30, Quebec was fun to go to. Then they decided to be "French" instead of Canadian, or even French Canadian. Now they are a pathetic welfare state. I say to the Canadian PM, LET THEM GO!!!!!! Your taxes will go down and you do not have to feel intimidated if you don't speak French.

The Hell with the French be they on this side of the ocean or the other.

Le' Packois'

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2006, 04:35 AM

You feel the same way about Americans who are of French background ? What about all the Cajun French who are Vietnam Vets and went through the same ordeal as you and the rest of the Vietnam Vets who post here ? Are they just a bunch of jerks also ?
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 11-23-2006, 05:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

WHOA!!!!
I may be wrong but I do believe you are about to sandpaper a wild cats ass in a phone booth...
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-23-2006, 08:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Don't think Packy said anything about Vietnam Vets in his post. I think he was referring to our wonderful French neighbors up north.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 11-23-2006, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I've got some French blood in me.

Over 120 years ago my great, great, great grand father married a french canadian girl. I'm a little strange because of it. The French are all a little strange, that's why they are French. I'm sure Bob K. has some French blood in him, Packy must also because they are a strange bunch.
Seriously, I believe Packy was mostly referring to some of the Political Issues involving the French Canadians and French politics resently. There is a small group of French Canadians that want a seperate state up in Canada. There argument is so stupid. If you followed their arguments to its conclusion all the French Canadians would have to move back to France and the Land be given over to the Native Americans. They just don't realize the foolishness of their argument. Just a handful nationalist causing most of the trouble.
I had a French Freedom fighter as one the members of our church. He died of cancer several years ago. He told me stories of being held prisoner by the Germans for two years. Those Germans were a cruel bunch. The Germans were extra cruel to the French underground fighters when they caught them. Robert Roussan was a great man and a survivor. He told me when he saw the stars and stripe patch on those who rescued him, he fell in love with America and decided to move to America. He immigrated here right after WWII. Married a protestant farm girl from Washington. He hated the direction of the New French political thinking, both here and in Canada. Not all the French Canadians think the same way. Its a small handful I believe that make lots of racket.

The French are like any other group of people, some good and some bad. Some wise and some not so wise. But lately it seems the French seem to be listening to those not so wise.

Keith
Old 11-23-2006, 09:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by WateringHole You feel the same way about Americans who are of French background ? What about all the Cajun French who are Vietnam Vets and went through the same ordeal as you and the rest of the Vietnam Vets who post here ? Are they just a bunch of jerks also ?
Open mouth, insert foot, but don't complain if it tastes like dirt or something worse. Sheesh.

Regarding the Froggies: I still think the quote, "Going to war without the French is like going deer hunting without your accordion," is the most appropriate, logical statement made about the froggies, on either side of the Atlantic. Screw 'em all.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-23-2006, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Whole,

We had some of those in our unit. Good guys but we spent most of our time trying to keep them from surrendering every 5 minutes.

Actually, bozo, I didn't mention anything about Cajuns, nor anything about guys that fought in Vietnam being jerks. Didn't do well on the comprehension part of the SAT's, did you.

Le Packois'

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-23-2006, 11:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Yup....Right again.
Wateringhole
On three separate occasions you dragged the Vietnam vet into a thread in a negative manner.......Why?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-23-2006, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Looks as if PM Harper ran a pre-emptive strike and something like a stitch in time saves nine. The Liberals and Bloc Quebecois said they intend to introduce a motion that states Quebec is a nation. But the wording of that motion apparently does not include the words "within Canada," leaving federalists to worry it could be misinterpreted and set off yet another gut wrenching round of separatist activity. Now the Liberals and Bloc Quebecois have been positioned to refute and argue the ?Within Canada? language. Looks like a slick trump move was put on the table and the trouble makers have been out maneuvered, for the moment at least.

Knew some cajuns in VN, seemed the usual bunch, same as all others except the self- described 'cajun-meskin' from Pietros Negros, Tehas. Now that guy; Buddy Guyler, was a piece of work and never a dull moment, ever.

But I had some fun with the cajun last names. The surname suffex 'aux' is supposed to come out in speach as "oh" but I turned 'aux' into 'ox' or sometimes gatorox. :cl:

Scamp

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:35 PM

Sure pack......You can print any message you want and claim it's carved in stone and expect everybody to believe you at face value.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg legion.jpg (4.8 KB, 103 views)
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34