The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2003, 06:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Tread Lightly!

Paul Bremer, the head of the ?US/Iraq Reconstruction Authority?, a damned good man, is still pursuing an early turnover of Iraq?s Government to a civilian (?) authority! ?Splendid idea, if that is how it works out - peacefully!??

Today, however, also saw a massive purge of some 30,000 members of Hussein?s Baath Party. Individuals who apparently clung to power even after the collapse of the Iraqi military regime!

So how many of these ?Baath Party Suckers? are still there, hiding under a camel, waiting to again subvert the new government? And how much support for ?Hussein?s Holdouts?, as well as external pressure, will be forthcoming from Iran and other ?Die Hard Middle Eastern Despot Mongers?? And even if this never comes to pass, will other creeps similar to Hussein or bin Laden emerge to do to Iraq (again) what the likes of Castro did to Cuba, or Ho did to Vietnam!?

?No way? says you! ?Are you sure of that? says I?

Should we not make damned sure this time around, as there could very well be a round three in the region! If not in Iraq, then how about Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, or maybe even the Philippines?

?Damned, I hope not, but like Teddy Roosevelt once said - ?Always carry a big stick!! (The bigger the better!!)

VERITAS
Old 05-20-2003, 12:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Honestly hope I'm wrong Friend, since American and Friendly lives are daily on-the-line. But, I also honestly believe that any talk of a quick return of Iraqi Control of their country is impossible,...if not utter nonsense.

I say so, since history, specifically that of Japan and Germany after WWII sort-of proves my point and where I'm coming from. Plus, and remember the fact that neither country had factions that hated each others guts and even would actually prefer their very own countries be established.

Thusly, and since The Germans and Japanese were both quite differently a unified people (even in defeat) and it took about 7 or so years of occupation before they could govern themselves,...how could ANYONE seriously believe that the peace loving (just jokin) Iraqis can govern themselves peacefully in a comparatively much shorter time? I personally don't believe such is possible,...for one second since not a fool.

Plus, and so many factions hating each others guts aside, that this is the first time in history that America has liberated an Oil Rich Nation,...God only knows what other intrigue and conniving amongst the power and control hungry Iraqis is in store for some others when "They" take-over? Hell,..."They" might even finally discover some WMD to help resolve or sort-things-out CORRECTLY.

Neil The Trusting Soul
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote