The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Beauty View Post
Did you get to go to Boise Idaho this year? If you did I'm sorry we missed you. Best reunion to date, but they just keep getting better. I'm not sure if you are on facebook but I have started a 15th med bn 1st cav group and hope you will take a look at it. I'm going to be working with several (if not all I can find) members of the first med, collecting their experiences for a possible book someday. I see the title being:
So That Others May Live: Vietnam through the eyse of Medevac. If you would like to participate or know some who would, the can email their stories to me at digitalbeautydesigns@citlink.net. I know this is asking guys to reach back to places they have probably put away and I respect that completely. But as you saw at the reunion you attended, once you know others are able to talk about, you find you can too. Names will not be included unless you specify or they can be changed if this becomes a book of memoirs. I think the American Public needs to see the real men behind the faces of the war. Thats what I hope to portray... how they felt, what a day in their lives was like, how they experienced missions.
Look forward to you contribution and please, let others know of this project. thank Doc
If you are on facebook at all check out the group I started at the request of the 15th med guys. Feel free to post any vietnam stories on the discussion page and read some of the experiences of others. Everyone is welcome to contribute and comment.....
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=23618316...18064198219182
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links