Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2006, 03:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Wrong thing, in the wrong place, at the wrong time

http://cbs4boston.com/watercooler/wa...339221608.html

Flatulence Forces Plane To Land

(AP) NASHVILLE, Tenn., It is considered polite to light a match after passing gas. Not while on a plane.

An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane. The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Should have charged her and the person that did the original screening.

Ron
Old 12-06-2006, 06:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

"It is considered polite to light a match after passing gas. Not while on a plane...."

Thats a new one on me, I always thought it was polite to say excuse me. Where exactly is it considered polie to burn off farts anyway? (has anyone actually ever seen this done?? I think its apocryphal, Who wants to scorch their nether regions?)
Old 12-06-2006, 09:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Methane gas and matches don't mix. This was a dumb act on her part.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:33 PM

Looks as though this Lynne Lowrance is either trying to cover-up for this female passenger's stupidity or she's not too street wise because she can have her chain jerked on realeasy.
Can't help to wonder if she would have defended a male passenger for the same stupid mistake

A while back, I read a story about a feller who died in his sleep from breathing the gas he passed.
His autopsy showed he had smothered cabbage, lima beans and pickle meat for dinner. The corner said he probably would have lived if he would have had a window cracked open, but it just so happenend the temp dropped below zero that perticular night
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

If it was a male, you would smell hair burning. The match would have been to close to his butt! Probably being a bit more humorous because the guy would have third degree burns landing him in the hospital. The plane would hace to land not because of smell, but the pilot laughing so hard he couldn't operate it.