The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2003, 01:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Are you better off now than 4 years ago?

Don't THINK so!

http://www.buzzflash.com/premiums/gr...cd_ft_full.jpg

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2003, 01:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

OK..

I will buy in to your thesis that this administartion is full of lying weasels, the economy is terrible, and all are lives are worse...if all above is correct..why can't the Democratic party produce a decent candidate that will propose solutions to these problems ? Not happening. Not only that, but they cannnot even raise money....
If the Republicans are as sorry as you say, then the Democratic party is on life support. I would seriously like to know why you think it has failed to produce thus far. Also, if things are so bad, where are all the "liberal" or "alternative" radio programs ? I am aware of none...Thanks.

Larry
Old 07-15-2003, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default You're RIGHT!

"This administartion is full of lying weasels, the economy is terrible, and all are lives are worse..."

And------the Democrats WILL produce SEVERAL candidates--MANY of whom have ALREADY proposed "solutions" to the sorry state of affairs GEE-DUBYA and his "cronies" have got us into!

The MAIN "REASON" you see no "liberal" or "alternative" radio so-called "talk" shows (I call them "propaganda" shows) out there is one BIG reason---------REPUBLICANS are "footing" the bill for these knuckleheads! Most folks that would be the "audience" for a "liberal" talk show are working two (or three) jobs and don't have TIME to listen to the radio (so there's no "demand" for the "advertisers to pay BIG $$$$ to any radion station to produce a show designed to help them!), or they can't AFFORD a radio, much LESS an automobile with one in it!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 07-16-2003, 01:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Much better off, big time.
And I don?t even consider myself a boogieman Republican and certainly don?t consider myself a Liberal of any stripe. I get lots of agreement on the latter but almost none on the former, LOL. But no big deal, either side starts to serve up levered BS to me, they get equal treatment. I?m equal opportunity when it comes to sorting the fly-shit from the pepper and maybe that is a core reason why I have stayed financially whole and growing during these down times. And maybe it has to do with busting my ass all my life and keeping uninvited sticky fingered politicos out of my bean patch and wallet. That's the key I believe.

Scamp
Old 07-16-2003, 03:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Oh, the horror of it all....

Now we're supposed to buy into ANOTHER line of horse hockey from the Chief Hockey Peddler that, woe is me, massah, de po' Democrats ain't got no money, ain't got no car, ain't got no radio - all becuz of them dastardly Republicans! Dats rite, I'ze seen 'em wif my own eyes - theys all ridin' around in them lemonseens, smokin' they big seegars, laughin' at the po' folks.

Well, why don't they tap into ol' Terry McAulliffe, who made a killing in the stock market, turning a $100,000 investment into several hundreds of millions, fleecing the poor investors in the Global Crossing boondoggle? Or better yet, have the Poster Child for Coyote Ugly herself do a few tricks (no, not that kind, you pervert) by ramping up her skills as a futures trader, like she did before.

I strongly suspect that the reasons that there aren't any alternative (read that: liberal) talk show personalities is that (1) persoanlity may be lacking, (2) not very people are interesting in listening to their drivel (3) original thought has been surgically removed from most of them. It's a free country out ther boys and girls, and freedom of choice, at least with the airwaves, is alive and well.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-16-2003, 04:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post The Kids Are On Their Own Finally!

We are better off right now! More freedom to go and do things! Just my aches and pains are start to catch up with me. Still have two dogs and then we'll have freedom until the mother-in-law moves in!

Keith
Old 07-16-2003, 09:41 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs up well,

Four years ago I was dieing, today it's remission time.
Four years ago I was getting paid little more than I get today but inflation is low.
Four years ago I was embarrassed that the leader lied to me. He looked me right in the face, on TV and said, "I did not have sex with that woman".
Four years ago Hillary was on TV or in the paper most every day.
Four years ago Aunt Mary died, she's still dead.
All and all, yeah I'm probably better off today.

Wait, I weigh a lot more now than then. Do the Republicans own Mickey D's and KFC???

Stay healthy, keep smiling,
Andy
Old 07-17-2003, 07:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Col. Scout, I think you are on to something. Unless it?s NPR, the sponsors follow the audience. No audience, no sponsors. And if it?s the same old timeworn rhetoric and half-truths being served up by untalented people, that equals no audience. The equation seems simple to me. If a ?boogieman Republican? can sell a few more gismos or some more gooie medicament for all that ails, they will spend their advertising dollars where the audience is, not necessarily where the political skullduggery is being promulgated. Outfits like CNN can certainly get sponsors, but like CBS and ABC they have made a conscious choice of promulgating the party line, their ratings are going in the toilet and the real talent they may have had are being compromised left and right. In the interim, more realistic media organizations are skyrocketing. People vote with the remote and the dumbest of ad agencies has figured that out. Quality of message and quality of showmanship draws a crowd, not dogma and rhetoric. Hell, if I felt the need to hear the latest liberal-leftist stuff, all I would have is to drive down to San Francisco, take a stroll down Market Street and listen to the soapbox orators. Between sips of some rot gut wine and/or a pull on a roach; they think they are victims of social injustice and some scheming boogieman as well. I go listen once in a while just to keep tabs on the latest justification and externalization, to watch the funnies, and enjoy San Francisco.

Scamp
Old 07-17-2003, 08:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Damn, there I go again!

How downright silly of me!

According to the "republican" way of thinking it's OK for Ronnie Reagen and HIS followers to use this statement when refering to the previous President and the shape the country was in under his leadership. But, NOW that unemployment is at it's highest in more than a decade (it WAS a little higher under Daddy Bush---what a surprise, HUH?), the budget deficit is growing faster than Cheney's bank account (hard to believe, but true), and some senior citizens are now in line to lose most state sponsered health benefits for the poor because the federal funds that were "matching" in other areas have dried up because of the WONDERFUL, freakin Tax Cut and States are no longer able to provide funds because of growing budget deficits----And last but surely NOT LEAST----disabled & sick military veterans are waiting LONGER THAN EVER for health care apponitments and treatment. Sounds kinda like things REALLY are getting better alright!

You guys need to wake up and smell the coffee my friends-----that or either take off the Republican sunshades that are BLINDING y'all to the FACTS!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 07-17-2003, 10:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Not to worry Gimpy,

Smelled that coffee long ago and don?t wear them boogieman sunshades or the blindfold their political opposition offers up. If I took what either side to the bank as ?fact? I?d have gone bust long ago. But by watching out for the levered political skullduggery and externalization, I have done well enough and feel very fortunate to be wise enough to keep my tit out of the wringer and just press forward in a non-politically affiliated manner. I?m one of those scary guys that vote the issues and for qualified candidates with good ideas that have a chance of succeeding. Good ideas with bad intentions don?t cut it and bad ideas with good intentions don?t cut it either. The list of voting options skinees down real quick given those criteria. If that makes me a political conservative, well, I guess I?m so anointed but unwillingly so.

Peace Bro.

Scamp