The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2019, 09:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default The Name Is Not Really All That Important

5-26-2019

In all of my years, I am yet to run into an individual who has not pissed someone off- somewhere, or at sometime – “I GUESS THAT THIS IS THE NATURE OF HUMANITY!”
“So why is it, I ask you, that so many people think that everyone should conform to their own set of values, their own rules, and their own way of thinking?”

“Politics Itself” is a grand example of this analogy, in that these people can not even seem to get along with each other, except in times of plenty, and even then, the occasional conflict is often turned in all directions at the same time, if but to lesser degrees? But once again, I can only guess that this too is the nature of mankind? And as such, it sometimes truly amazes me how “Our Race” has managed to survive for as long as it has? So you see, the given name of an enemy is not really all that important, as history will attest! What is of paramount concern here, at least in my own personal opinion, is that we have managed to survive for as long as we have!

Have you ever stopped for a moment to contemplate the vastness of this universe, or even the potential for other adjoining universes? With the countless billions of possibilities for some other form of life (or what passes for it) to parallel our own, and if you can ever really wrap your mind around it, then you would have to wonder, at least once within your entire lifetime, if we are really as important as some of us multi-titled individuals seem to think that we are? Or are titles, awards, positions, and even worldly accolades merely mankind’s way of compensating for the inadequacies and short-comings that stop us from really facing reality? (Just a question?)

Hardcore
Old 05-26-2019, 12:01 PM

Post Indifference is forever

HC

Only our Creator/Maker knows why we are like we are. We are not a perfect species we have free minds - thoughts - different forms of religion - education - the color of our skin - different ideals - basically we are still two-legged animals in a sense.

Evolution has made us this way. We are still destroyer's in many ways much like the early land mammals. The only thing is we don't do is eat our own kind (anymore if we ever did?). We are said to have the largest brains of all the species - but I may be wrong there - I think there are mammals in the ocean that are pretty smart.

We all would like perfection but that will never truly happen. Nobody is perfect (if we were it would be pretty dull) but even today we are still subject to making errors & mistakes. This is how we learn - what we can do & can't since beginning as infants. We are influenced by our parents, school mates or others as we grow up. It's like this all over the world.

We base our survival on our political decisions made by the people we put in office. They never think alike. Presidents don't think alike plus they have their own personal agendas going in. Some good some bad. They also have hidden agendas in mind that they don't advertise. Some have morals others don't? (Like Forest mom said - you never knows what's in a box chocolates).

HC - you are smart man and have compassion and love of country and you've gained much of this over many years of life. Most of us are elder's now. No matter how hard we try to teach our kids and grandkids or others - they will still only absorb so much and in turn will still generate their own conceptions based on their own personal identities.

We all don't know how much time we have left before we take the dirt nap. Is there life after death - who knows - nobody has come back and told us anything. Is there life on other planets - I'd say yes. Is there a Heaven or Hell? I doubt this but it seems to make
folks feel better. Do I believe in God? Based on my Catholic background and schooling I'd will have to wait and see. Do I pray - Yes I Pray - I haven't gotten any replies.

I've deleted this post five times. Sometimes I think too much about things I have no control over. It's frustrating to get old and little if anything to do anymore. We can't travel because of Kathleen's illness - plus she gave up driving three years ago which really inhibits her ability to shop or visit anyone with me tagging along as the driver.

Well look HC you take care of Momma and Yourself - Memorial Day soon I've got my Flag's ready to go. I will be there about 7AM make my rounds and talk to those who've served and died. My Wife & Grandkids don't come with me anymore so I'm the Lone Ranger but I will never miss making my rounds.

God Bless you HC & all members of the Service and Patriot Files.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote