The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2009, 05:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default CitiBank is run by Idiots

Be sure to cancel your credit cards before you die. This is so priceless, and so easy to see happening, customer service being what it is today.
A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for Feburary and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and added late fees and intrest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00 when she died, but now it is somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank.
Here is the exchange:

Family member: I am calling to tell you she died back in January.
Citibank: The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.
F.M.: Maybe you should turn it over to collections.
Citibank: Since it is two months past due, it already has been.
F.M.: So, what will they do when they find out that she is dead.
Citibank: Either report her account to frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!
F.M.: Do you think that God will be mad at her.
Citibank: Excuse me?
F.M.: Did you get what I was telling you, the part about her being dead.
Citibank: Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.
F.M.: I'm calling to tell you, that she died back in January with a $0.00 balance.
Citibank Supervisor:
: The account was never closed and late fees and charges still apply.
F.M.: You mean you want to collect from her estate?
Citibank: Are you her lawyer?
F.M.:No, I'm her great nephew.
Citibank: Could you fax us a certificate of death?
F.M.: Sure.
After they get the fax.
Citibank: Our system isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I can do to help.
F.M.: Well if you figure it out, great. If not, you could just keep billing her. She won't care.
Citibank: Well, the late fees and charges will still apply.
(whats wrong with these people?!?)
F.M.: Would you like her new billing address?
Citibank: That might help......
F.M.: Odessa Memorial Cemetery, Hiway 129, Plot Number 69.
Citibank: Sir, thats a cemetery!
F.M.: And what do you do with dead people on your planet???

(Priceless) You wondered why Citibank is going broke and needs the Feds to bail them out.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 06:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I laughed out loud at this!

And you know what?

I don't doubt that this actually happened!

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quite fortunately, it took a bit time for my Pa to pass and I had his power of attorney in the event he became incapacitated. I shut down and transferred all accounts to Ma’s estate and that was a huge chunk of work. It is a fact, the world is ruled by clerks and lousy data bases. I now have a form letter I send to nitwits like Citybank. In essence, it reads; ‘you cannot get there from here, you simply must go all the way around the world’. Sometime back, I insisted that they have separate financial identities and common identity in a trust fund and like financial funds. By separate means both became wealthy; they worked for it, and fire walls are an absolute necessity. The vultures that come out of nowhere and are quite amazing in abundance and scam art. Ma is 96 now, sharp n’ spunky, and very well taken care of in her own home, plus the vultures n’ nitwits get nowhere near her, ever. Second time around I built a castle with draw bridge, mote, and battlements with archer slots.

Scamp
Old 03-06-2009, 08:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default CitiBank Story

Robert Rubin, dean of the Goldman Sachs Democrats, is resigning fromthe board of Citigroup. Rubin served as Clinton's Treasury secretary and is at the center of a group of influential Democrats who dominated economic policy during the 1990's and who are set to do the same under Obama. Let us hope they provide better returns to the government than Rubin mananged at Citigroup, which pocketed a $300 billion government handout after suffering gargantuan losses on ill-advised subprime-mortgage investments. Still bleeding, Citigroup was forced to sell its brokerage business, Smith Barney, to raise cash. For his "achievements," Rubin was paid some $115 million - something to keep in mind when the O.B. admininstration, stocked with Rubin acolytes (Geithner, Summers, Orszag) starts prattling about excessive executive pay.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Future CEO...or member of Congress

Army captain charged with stealing $690,000

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29543169/

28-year-old entrusted with money for Iraq relief allegedly mailed it home

PORTLAND, Oregon - An Army captain accused of stealing nearly $700,000 from the U.S. government while serving in Iraq pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges including theft of government property and money laundering.

Capt. Michael Dung Nguyen, 28, is accused of stealing more than $690,000 entrusted to him as the battalion civil affairs officer in Muqdadiyah, Iraq, between April 2007 and Feb. 24. A federal grand jury indictment alleges Nguyen used some of the money to buy two new vehicles, along with computers, electronics and furniture.

Prosecutors said the funds were designated for commanders in Iraq and Afghanistan for urgent humanitarian relief and reconstruction needs.

The indictment said Nguyen mailed bundles of stolen $100 bills home before he returned from Iraq and that he opened bank accounts in his home state of Oregon and elsewhere. The individual deposits were less than $10,000, but he sometimes made numerous deposits on the same or consecutive days, according to the indictment.

U.S. Attorney Karin Immergut said an investigation began after Internal Revenue Service agents spotted a suspicious pattern with the deposits.

She said the charges indicate a "flagrant and reprehensible disregard" for military honor.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul Papak set a May 5 trial for Nguyen, who will be tried as a civilian.

Nguyen was released to return to Fort Lewis near Tacoma, Washington, where he is stationed.

"Fort Lewis has and will continue to cooperate with the investigation in this case as necessary," said Joseph Piek, a Fort Lewis spokesman.

A federal public defender assigned to represent Nguyen at the arraignment had no comment.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default revwardoc

Are you sure this guy isn't fluffing his resume so that he can be an B.O. cabinet appointee?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-06-2009, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It seems that that particular Ngyuen; the family name is as common as pig tracks in VN, has some significant legal liabilities. Zo, where did the money go? That boyo has a tale to tell but will dummy up and become some kind of politico soup de jour, no doubt to be elected to some high-high status. It seems as if theft and fraud while on active duty comes under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ. Zikes, Red line Brig time has been handed out for far less. Fix happening? Like who is in on the cut of the action?

Scamp
Old 03-07-2009, 02:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends,...

Granted, it's pretty-much a toss-up as to whether Public Sector or Private Sector Rich and
Wealthy: "Fat Cat$" with Power or Political Clout are screwing-over The U.S. Taxpayer worst?

Regardless, and back to Keith's initial question I say: "NO" about CitiCorp being; "Idiots".
The only: "Idiots" I see in America lately are Private Sector Citizens still fawning over Obama
& Big Brother Pelosi Gang,...while "They" Royally Screw US (both ways) Over.

That little to no OUTRAGE is displayed,...isn't very bright or gutsy of Americans either.

Also Keith, "Feds" never bail out ANYONE. Only The U.S. Taxpayer ever do.

Neil

Last edited by reconeil; 03-07-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: add/changes
Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

"That little to no OUTRAGE is displayed"

Whites showing outrage to a Black person is racist, A white person voting for a white person because of the white is racist.

White people in this country will wake up one day after they have given every thing they have to the lower class (Just a nice way of saying Blacks) and when they do, this country will be in for a civil war that the wishy washy, mamby pamby, limp wrist whites wont win.
Personally, I'm stocking up on can goods and rations, along with more ammo.

This administration is going to create jobs in a government sector, The jobs will be for minority contractors and minority workers. The ones that will be paying for this job creation will be the taxpayers still working , or, White men and women.
After the wealthy get taxed to death and have to close their business. Everyone will be on a government job, salaries paid for by barrowed money, until one day, when the loner says no more.
Then, barricade the doors.

Ron
Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yup,...

...Going to pick up 200 rounds of "special loads" in bout an hour,...

...all nosler tips,and as many more on the way that I can set aside,...

...Don't like to admit it, but I do see a future in which you have to be ready to defend your own, period,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk