The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2009, 11:59 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Unhappy Andy On AO

Our buddy Packo has a friend named Skip who lives in Maine. Skip has a pal named Tom (yes, yet another Tom) who lives in Boston. Skip told Tom to call Packo, who in turn suggested he call me.

Tom from Boston sounds like a great guy. He served in RVN in 1968 drove a truck, often hauling ammo. He drove from Ton Sun Nuht to Cu Chi to Tay Ninh, the so called Thunder Road. He's having a hard time getting anything for PTSD because he doesn't have a CIB or something similar, which is crazy but we'll work on that.

Tom from Boston came down with cancer, Lymphoma, two years ago. He has fought it at Bethel Hospital in Boston, one of the finest cancer hospitals in the world. He is not cured, he never will be but the cancer is in remission. Now he has a February appointment with VA doctors, their intent will be to knock him down from 100% to 40% for the cancer, Tom was looking for some help, some guidance. I'd guess many of you know, your truly went through the same hoops. However the intent of this post is not to just dump on the VA.

Boston Tom spent time on Thunder Road which was constantly being drenched with Agent Orange and he contracted Lymphoma, just like me, just like several of my friends, most of whom are dead. My friends who died came down with the cancer years ago, or it went too far before it was determined what was wrong with them. Since the year 2000 such advancements have been made in the treatment of this most common deadly A.O. related cancer, it boarders on an act of God. Lymphoma, like numerous other cancers is no longer a death sentence.

Sure, you've heard me say this before but folks, Please get an annual check up. If you served in Vietnam you were exposed to A.O. It can live in your body, undetected for decades and out of nowhere your sick, very sick. (Stress can trigger this cancer. Are any of you stressed?) The sooner it is found the better your chances are of getting healed. If you haven't had a check up in the last 12 months, get one. Further, if you refuse to get a check up, in spite of this plea, I'll come to your house and slit your puppy's throat J!

Stay healthy,
Andy

http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32774&highlight=Agent+orange

Andy.....

http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107273&highlight=Andy

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 07:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Great job

little Sis............

I know that our brother Andy is probably sitting up there close to the Hand of God and smiling down at you for your efforts to help educate all the folks who need assistance in understanding the terrible consequences of AO related illnesses.

We ALL still miss our brother Andy so very much.

Thanks---- Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote