The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2009, 01:07 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow Marines Keeping the bad guys on the run...

Heads up from "Major Pain"
at One Marines View:

http://www.onemarinesview.com/

Gang-

Its been a freaking whirlwind to date. Getting ready to deploy, staying, getting ready to deploy again etc, then finally departing. Flying, no shit, around the world stopping in every third world country then arriving in country and start moving again. Now we are somewhat stationary.

Mail has gotten better as has our way of life. We have improved from Wag-bags (burning poop) to port a johns and we get two hot meals a day…pretty damn good chow too. Living conditions are austere, no salsa nights here, just warriors patrolling their butts off and going where the enemy thought they owned terrain. The bad guys don’t like us very much, but on the contrary, the locals love us. Are we making a difference? Bet yer ass. Email is limited as you can tell by the amount of posts produced, been busy supporting Marines.

Your Warriors are doing freaking outstanding things! You won't hear much in the news but I can tell you they are not only putting the fear of God into the enemy & dealing with those that want to fight but at the same they are helping the locals up by the hand and I can tell you compared to my last deployment here in 2004, things are very different for the better.

Marines patrol non-stop and usually in deep mud and return soaking wet only to bear the cold nights. They are heroes, young studs going directly into danger with a grin on their face. You got to love them!

I have seen in the short time here the foundation that the Marine Corps stands for. It's beyond "no better friend, no worse enemy." It's built of honoring your word to locals, defending off hard core fighters that hate and intimidate the weak. Traits found in every conflict the Marine Corps has fought in are still solid today within our ranks. Wicked smart leaders, nail strong NCOs and they all have hearts as big as Texas that protect those weak and can turn into your worst nightmare with a flip of a switch to deal with insurgents. Discipline, dedicated professionals within all the ranks that have already made a difference in the short time here. I know all past/present Marines would be proud of them. I sure as hell am. More as time permits. Be proud of your warriors, the bad guys are on the run.

http://www.onemarinesview.com/

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links