The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2006, 09:03 AM

Bandman

You fellas deserve a lot more than the Govertment is giving in return.
Too bad you can't file suit against the govertment the way you can against a private business for not living up to their commitment. If only some of you fellas was able to get together and be interviewed on 60 minutes or 20/20 to have your stories told to the American people about how the govertment "crawfish" their way out of their responsibility of providing good health care for Vietnam and retired Veterans.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2006, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Have always had a problem with the VA's here. They pretty much decided my uncle's life and didn't offer him the treatment that would of saved his life. I will also never forget one of the foreign doctors calling and telling us my grandpa had Luekemia(sp?) and that it was only cancer of the blood, no big deal...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There are a lot of VA hospitals and of course a lot of folks working there. I can only comment from the mental health aspect, and my experiences... From the time I began going to the Vet Center ( maybe 5 years ago... ),
to my 3 week sojurn at the Memphis VA psych ward, to the six week PTSD program at North Little Rock VA, to the continuing care I receive from a psychiatrist at the Memphis VA, the care has been top notch. It is much better than any private care I have had for the same maladies, for many years before.....

As for anything else, I am blessed to have Blue Cross / Blue Shield ( due to my federal retirement ) and access to private care.

I must say though, that after 4 intense months of dealing with my Mom's health care thru 2 diff. hospitals, and 2 nursing homes, you have to be vigilant and ask lots of questions....as mistakes do happen, and things are overlooked, even in the "best" hospitals, and by the "best" doctors......

Larry
Old 10-19-2006, 01:32 PM

Larry I know that VA has some very good Doctors and has given good care to a lot of vets and all for little or no money, and as you can probable tell I am blowing off built up steam. My thing is I have been dealing with VA for over 20 years being cared for and as a volunteer, and in the 4 major medical issues I have had with them I got the worse instead of better. I wonder about young guys that are coming in now. I have seen Thw Care the guys are getting at Brooks Army Medical Center, (BAMC), at Ft. Sam and I'll tell you now it is great. They are treated with respect and a gentalness that is almost maternal, and all doctors and nurses ar military. I guess I am just wondering why me, who did I piss-off? :cd: .
Old 10-20-2006, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

You pissed of the Governemnt that sent you to war, buy filing a claim against them for having to care of you after sending you to war, and getting messed up as a result of it. They would rather that you and the rest of us who have filed claims go away. They have done it to other vets, and they will continue to do so.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 10-20-2006, 11:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Robert....it's like you've been around my house lately.

Finally got my PTSD eval and rated in my favor. Yesterday I was up at the VA in Charleston for a C&P on my hip. They are trying to knock down my hip since I now have a PTSD rating. And so it goes!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 10-20-2006, 11:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It took me over a year and two distinct efforts to be approved for the CRSC thingie to go along with my retirement pay. Thanks to the orthopaedic surgeon that repaired my knee and my shoulder, and the letter that he wrote to support my contention that my generated corporeal condition was combat-related, I enjoy what amounts to concurrent receipt.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."