The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I agree with what has been said here in your favor Bones. You have been working for the good of the Corps and the military in general for a long time now. The more exposure you get the bigger target you become and eventually someone is going to fire some shots across your bow. Ignore this distraction the best you can and carry on. If this person has any real integrity he will realize the error of his ways and apologize sooner or later for his attacks.

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:04 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2005, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Bones,

I have been in the helping business for 35 years plus and occassionally someone comes along and "fires shots across our bow". Often times it is friendly fire (supposed friends). Why I don't know but often time the people whom you would expect the strongest support undermine your efforts. So, I have learned to just let it go in one ear and out the other and not take it personally. Who knows why people do the things they do. I have found out that if you don't take it all personally, and try to keep communication open that communication and friendship can be restored. However, don't ever get into the get even revenge mode or allowing the wrong done to you turn to bitterness, it isn't worth the effort.

Try your best to forget it ever happened and get on with life. It happens when you are trying to help others. Somebody someday will "fire a shot across your bow." Get on with life and put the whole incident behind you.

Your Friend,

Keith
Old 01-09-2005, 07:03 PM

The good first sergeant hasn't said a word to me since shortly after this litte to-do began.

He is, however, now atacking those who have offered me some modicum of support...

...that said, I understand that he has stopped by here, and has read this thread.

If he posts here...

The best way to address the issue is to ignore him....

It WILL drive him nuts. I ga-raun-tee ya.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:32 AM

Hey Bones,

Don't let this stuff get under your skin - Blow it off - it don't mean a thing. There are always some who find exception in others when it really reflex's on their inability to really know what going on. You will alway be our "Serge" and you know you have our respect and gratitude for services rendered.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"