The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2004, 12:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just watched the movie "Under Heavy Fire" on HBO

Avoid this movie. At the end I see where it was filmed in Vietnam ( 2001 ) by Canadians. The scenery is nice, but the rest is a disgrace...Marines should be REAL ANGRY about this one. This is the very worst movie about Vietnam and the way we are portrayed over there, that I can imagine. The director's name is Sidney J. Furie. There appears to be a book by the same name. I have a knot in my stomach. If the son-of-a bitch was here I would kick his ass...don't say I didn't warn you..

Larry

The following was was on IMDB..( It just never fucking ends does it !!!! < my words > )

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243278/

User Comments:

Jennel2
Arizona

Date: 9 July 2003
Summary: Rises Slightly Above an Average B Movie

Sidney Furie has taken something of the low road since those promising early films in the seventies, including another Vietnam movie, "The Boys in Company C." "Going Back," or "Under Heavy Fire," the new video title is not in the class of that earlier effort, but I give Furie credit for trying to make a statement about this increasingly forgotten war which left so many scars on us as individuals and a society. Neither the budget nor some of the actors are up to the task of presenting the kind of film Furie wanted to make here, and the overall compromises to the B movie market ultimately sink the director's finer aspirations. Still, credit must be given for the attempt. Especially in a time when the far right is offering revisionist fantasies like "We Were Soldiers" in an attempt to convince a new generation that this ugly, horrible war was somehow noble. Perhaps some of those who pick up this video expecting a gung ho war movie will be persuaded by its tone to see that this was not a victory to be celebrated, but a hard lesson in the limits of our power. This is a lesson our current president sorely needs to learn.