The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2024, 10:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Yet Another Tale For The Weak-Minded

1-20-2024

Back, many years ago now - and as a mere kid, I used to walk alone along a long- decaying naval pier within “The Old Bay State!” This was not the smartest of all moves for many reasons, but the adventurous spirit of youth and my proximity to an ocean that abutted a wide river” which carried away the trash and the human refuge from that semi-major east coast city” was just too damned alluring for any mere kid to ignore, or even to escape for long!

Besides that, the magnetism of the sea, and the tales of blood-thirsty pirates, like the now infamous ‘Black Beard’ who use to ply his often bloody trade thereabouts, was just too damned magnetic for any “Red-Blooded American Kid” to ignore for too long?

And being but a poor, but adventurous east-coast progeny, with an overactive imagination, I too was drawn to the sea, just as many kids before me had been - throughout time infinitum! Besides that, the pungent aroma of the sea, coupled with those frightening stories of black magic, and the semi-factual tale of “An Indian Princess” who had once plunged to her death off of one of the local cliffs (several hundred years in the past), along with a local and infamous axe murderess, and the not so proud handle of once being from one of the most illiterate bastion of humanity even to be transplanted by mankind, certainly added to the savor and the legends of that area that many a poor, damned fool has never been quite able to escape!

And if our accents were not a dead giveaway to our place of origin, then our penchant toward the textile trade that had long ago replaced our love of the sea, not to mention those good old “Saturday Night Drunken Brawls” at some stinking barroom, definitely gives some inkling as to my place of origin?

But I do suppose that even with all of these telling clues, the above description could fit many places around the seedier sections of “The Eastern United States of America?” But far be it from me to cast nasty aspersions against any place that may also fit this descriptive of life within the doldrums of any financially down-trodden society, but then, life does go on, does it not?

Getting back to that old and semi-archaic bastion of a fast-fleeting world, as is the lion’s share of our society these days (opinion), this berg too, had no shortages of intrigue, past, present, and even deeply into the future as well I suspect! And even though this area suffers from no shortages of historical charm, it must also be truthfully recorded that it has also had its fair share of hardship, despair and even misery, over these many past years, a fact that no amount of candy-coating could ever sweeten!

But maybe, and only if you are an eternal optimist, or even a bought and paid for romantic, could you ever dismiss the bad, along with over-accentuating the good? And if it is indeed true that “The South Will Rise Again (and so it has)”, then it is equally as true that you just can’t hold a damned ‘Yankee’ down forever either - And So - It Also Is!

“But who can say (with all certainty) what is actually fiction - and what is truly fact - for there are still far stranger things in heaven, and even upon this earthly sod, than mankind has ever even dreamed of!”

Hardcore
Old 01-21-2024, 02:21 PM

Question Life is like a crap shoot - it has odd's and possibilities?

Take a Chess Set - moving the wrong piece's can be hazardous. Foresight
and/of prior knowledge has proven that "not all will fit" on the board.
-
It's like a deck of cards - the highest hand wind's - but the odds are always
in play - only to find you've been beaten - by a better hand.
-
Shuffle a deck of cards - pick and chose the best you can do - rather then
having a straight - you my be beaten by a flush or a four-of-a-kind.
-
Life is like a deck of cards or board games. Just like rolling the dice!
-
The hand you get - has got to have a little thought - or experience -
by the player; a Flush or a Straight maybe a Full House - or 4 of a kind.
It's like dice you just have to roll them - and see what comes to be.
-
We never know what's an absolute winner until all the cards have
been displayed. Woops you loose - once more! Damn it!
-
I call it a crap shooting - as the odds - dictate the winner and the losers'!
-
In baseball - is it a fast ball, curve or a knuckle-ball?
-
In bowling how many pins did you get? If not a shrike - can you pick
up a spare?
-
Baseball and Football are always betting on the pitch - is it a hit
- and/or - a catch or an interception?
-
Sports have the same odds as we do in life. Making the wrong
decision - could be a costly one - or if you're lucky? And most of
us are not - you could say "boy you're lucky" and the other may
say - ah - that's the way it goes - and that is true in life.
-
Take time and think about the decision's. You're about to make!.
-
Every human play's with those odds most of the time. Some
are even "more lucky" then most. Why is that? What do they
know - that we don't - now that's a good question?
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote