The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2018, 10:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Yet More Opinions

9-15-2018

“There is not too much going on in this world that was not begun with but a single opinion!” Unfortunately however, many of these opinions were rendered by people who passed themselves off as being experts on just about everything from cat-crap to national security - and in the process, they belittle or downplay everyone who has the audacity to contest their own views and (often contorted) observations – once again, it must be nice to be a god?

“So what will be the end result of this hurrah for me, to hell with you line of reasoning?” Will we, as a race of free thinking creatures eventually develop but a single and uncontested view on every given issue? And will we eventually arrive at a point in our evolution when the right way and the wrong way will be replaced with but “MY WAY?”

After all, mankind did not evolve from a single-celled creature into a single-minded creature alone! And where was it ever written that those who attach a title or a degree to the end of their name are the last word and the uncontested authority on any given issue or subject?”

“Opinions are, after all, one of the greatest assets of a free-thinking mind!” And to those who would even attempt to stifle free thought, along with the right of any individual to reason and to think for themselves, I say once again: “Who Made You A God?”

To partially quote the words of The Illustrious Bard: “There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in our philosophy!”

Hardcore
Old 09-15-2018, 02:05 PM

Arrow Free Thought

I like free thought - it's what we do best.

We are always inquisitive - trouble is we don't always believe what we hear. So we are opinionated - I'd say so. We have a right to draw our own conclusions - as this is one of our freedoms. Do we all agree - hell no! But that doesn't mean we are evil or wicked.

Trouble with me of late is my age and my thinking isn't always fresh - nor do I always remember - as my wife will tell you.

This world would be a dull place is everyone agreed. Just imagine if all newspapers printed the same story. If all TV personnel said the same things. If we all thought the same.
I suspect we would be communist?

Our American Society is Freedom of the press. When news comes out - everyone hears something different - as based on one's ability to understand the issues and/or draws some conclusions from issues that were similar in the past.

HC is a brilliant guy and I like and respect him a whole lot. We long milaeger's see and digest things based on prior or similar issues over many years. We see some of the same mistakes made by others over the years and we surmise their facts - based on education and background. Still we can agree to disagree at times and still be friends.

Patriots (Veterans) we all sorta think alike in many ways. We've seen many things others haven't. We know what to expect when talk of war or conflict is proposed by our leaders. We know the pain and suffering that will result because we've been there and done it. We know from our relatives growing up in bad times and good times. We listen to our elder's and learn (even though some may be biased).

As I've aged I see more clearly than ever. I can read between the lines (not always) and foresee the pitfalls from some of the issues of the day and those long past.

Our Future could be so very bright - if all parties would find an accord that saves lives rather than taking them. Ideology be damned - we are all people of this earth. We all have families and friends. (Not so many now as they've gone off to greener pastures).

Lord knows I used to be somewhat of an introvert I think this happen while growing up with many parental disputes. Bad times were many - but the few good times seem to push away the bad ones.

I matured into what I call a self made man - I became more aware of me - and what did I want to do or become? I didn't know so I let Uncle Sam figure out what to do with me for 12 years.

Coming home only once in that time - I saw my parents had aged and mellowed out - now both were grey haired and looking frail. Everyone I knew in the neighborhood was gone or moved away. A few I knew were killed in Nam. All I really knew is that I needed a job and right now just to be doing something.

Later I married by best friends girlfriend and I had a new family with her's. Life moves on and it wasn't a cake walk we had our ups and downs and I now knew how my parents were feeling and the grief it brought onto them. Moved around a few times then went to Idaho Springs, CO and had our first daughter. Moved back to Chicago shortly after that my wife missed her Mom.

As you can see my life in no different than most. Ups and downs are part of life its difficult and time is needed to adjust and grow.

HC - is my friend. He knows the cycle of life is the same for all of us. We're born - struggle - have happy times and sad times - then over time one gets sick and dies and the other is alone and waits for his day or her day to move onto green pastures as they say.

We don't always agree but we have a lot in common - Life & Mortality. What we do with it from start to finish is of our own doing. Make it or break it - that's the meaning of life.

As for our Government & the World today - who in the hell knows - we put these folks in and we have to live with the results. We all have our reasons but whose right and who's wrong? When things are going good - no comments - BUT - when things turn to shit all hell breaks loose - and it starts the cycle again.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote