The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2006, 10:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I was just tellin' the truth...John's the one that brought up the rabbit.
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2007, 06:46 AM

Yeah...this thread has evolved (devolved) considerably, and I will make a comment towards the original intent in a minute, but I don't have a lotta good days over here in Afghanistan (but we had off today NEW YEAR'S DAY so it was purty dang'd good)...so...when I get to read some of the "stuff" you guys come up with, it really makes for a better day...just crack me the FOXTROT up...!!!!!!

Now...as for the Wannabe Medal Buyers...etc. Pack-Man and a couple of you know that one of my passions is taking down Wannabe MIKE FOXTROTs! The EMail service we run at home (my dear Wife is running in my absence) links a lotta Vets together for many reasons, but one critical function is the taking down of these ALPHA HOTELS...I do love it so!!! Most of the folks on the List are Jarheads, but all Services are represented. In that regard, then, most of the Wannabes we take down are either Marines who have gone way overboard in embellishing their deeds, or those who are posing as marines (use of LC "m" intentional here)...but whatever the case, we play'm like a fine violin, and when it's time for the takedown...it's brutal in most cases...nothing is too bad for these jerks!!!

Thanks to Gimpy for the fine research, and the folks mentioned in the last article (TomC & DougS) who go after these characters are key players in the overall war against such fabrications.

"WE" are in the process of setting up a Wannabe right now...out of the Left Coast...supposedly a "highly decorated Marine with multiple combat tours in RVN"...POW (gotta luv the dumshitts that try that angle)...Silver Stars, Bronze Stars, Purple Hearts...100% VA...etc., etc., etc. He WAS in the Corps...BRIEFLY...MedHold and then AWOL...never overseas...no HonDis...gonna be real purty when this DRUT gets taken down at the VFW at an upcoming evening event where he'll be parading about wearing his "miniature medals" on his tux...!

But enuff...thanks again for the thread...still laffin' at some of the exchanges...!!!

Semper Fi from the Cold Sands of Kandahar,

Lobo
Old 01-01-2007, 07:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default For Sale [cheap]

Brand new: M-14 marksman badge, M-16 sharp shooted badge with auto fire bar, Vietnam Campane medal with one little silver star signifing 5 campanes [in lue of 5 little bronze stary things] and one good conduct medal.
I had my military records up dated a while ago and they sent me this junk in the mail. It seems the clerk was too busy in 1969 to bother putting this on my dd-214. They gave me the good conduct medal instead of a bronz star I inquired about. [Never volunteer]
I almost forgot. There were 2 maybe 3 unit citations I didn't know about. YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM YOURSELF.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Once upon a time here Steve I asked where I could get a reissue of my medals since the originals had gone away a couple of divorces ago. 'Bout two months ago I got a small package in the mail which included everything on my 214, plus a Bronze Star that wasn't on any seperation papers but the papers that they sent me from St. Louis say that I got it.
Ya know that in a few units you didn't get on the Red Tail "in country" without either the Army Commendation medal or the Bronze Star, and the issue of those medals weren't no big thing. The one that I would like to have, I'll probably never have since after I got hit, I never went back to my unit and as a result, appearently, Lt. Francisco never put me in for the PH but here I is anyway so who gives a damn. The Red Cross called my mom and told her that I was a "casualty" and it wasn't until I got to Camp Oji in Japan that I was able to call mom several days later. Mom thought I was on my way home in a black plastic bag.
GCM? A 15 took that away so I guess that I wasn't a good boy.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Stick

How did you get the medals and dd-214? I'm thinking you must have contacted the Army review board or something. I don't think you ever mentioned 'getting hit' on this site before?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Splummer,

You can get all that by going to your local County Veterans office, or Vet Center, or DAV, etc. and obtaining a SF180. This gets sent to St Louis requesting all medals, certificates, badges, and check mark the DD214 block and you'll get that also. I think that's what Stick did. They also send you a piece of paper that lists all of it. Many clerks were lazy and didn't put all your stuff on the DD214. I went to 3 Army schools and not one is listed on my 214 along with other medals etc. Have the paper from PersensComm or whatever it's called in St Louis, that has all the stuff, not schools, medals etc that the clerk didn't bother to write on my 214. It was still missing two, one Vietnamese, and a Valourous Unit Citation given to C and E Company's, 2nd of th 8th, so even this wasn't 100% accurate but dang close. It was like my medical records from Vietnam. MACV or the hospital, 6th CC didn't bother to send those back and if it wasn't for a Major, Ortho Surgeon at the Aberdeen P.G. Hospital, I'm not sure what would have happened about my hip and stuff. He helped to rebuild my record. Lotta guys in those days didn't have a clue about how important those things could be in later life or just didn't give a shit.

Stick, you should be able to do something about that PH. Your medical records, if they bothered to send them back, would probably qualify you.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Steve, I really don't give a damn 'bout no medals and I believe that it was Tom (Packo) that first filled me in about the form SF180. You can request that form on-line at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...e-records.htmland file it by sending it on to St. Louis and you'll get recognition of reciept fairly soon. You can use this link, http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...nt-medals.htmlto file for replacement of awards that you recieved while in service. You will have to tell them why and how you lost the original issue of the decoration and mine was lost due to a couple divorceses which they accepted as a valid reason. The Bronze Star and the Marksman medal didn't come until just before Christmas but I was happy to get them all. When they put me in the ground they can toss all that crap in the box with me. My ex got one piece of shrapnal that fell out of my knee one night in bed and the other pieces were pulled when I finally had my leg operated on. There's a reason for the handle "Stick" cause I've been carrying one for quite a while now. The best orders I ever recieved in the Army were from the CO at Valley Forge Army Hospital who told me that I couldn't get out of the Army unless I could walk without a limp so I learned to walk again. Don't mean nuthin.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Here's

another shithead wannbee in the news!

###START###

Veterans: Alleged scam 'sad situation'

January 4, 2007

By Jim Hook Staff writer

dailysouthtown.com Member of the Chicago Sun-Times News Group

Adam probably told Eve that he planted the Garden of Eden.

"Since the beginning of time, men have lied to make themselves look macho," said Rick DeWolf, a disabled Vietnam War Army veteran and retired history teacher at Argo Community High School in Summit. "Guys lie, and guys brag.

"And they do it to make themselves look like heroes, usually for women. That's how it's always been."

Police on Wednesday were still trying to figure out why a 42-year-old Morris man allegedly lied about being a soldier in Iraq and bilked the Orland Fire Protection District -- where he served as a lieutenant -- of nearly $200,000 in salary and benefits.

Lawrence Masa was charged with felony theft and official misconduct, officials said. If convicted, Masa could face up to 15 years in prison.

DeWolf said Masa isn't the first, nor will he be the last, person to misrepresent his or her military record.

Early Western movie star "Tom Mix lied and said he was in the Spanish-American War," DeWolf said.

"A Major League Baseball manager in the 1990s got fired for misrepresenting his military service.

"I even had a colleague at Argo High School who lied about his service in Vietnam.

He said he can tell within minutes when guys lie about their military service.

"I ask them about the little things, like the daily malaria pills we took," DeWolf said. "And the thing about those who lie about their service, they are always the ones who were the Army Rangers or Navy SEALs.

"No one ever was a cook," he said. "I guess the other jobs make for better stories."

DeWolf, who received the Purple Heart among his four combat medals, said he has seen men wearing uniforms with chests full of medals and ribbons. The uniform and medals were bought at a military supply store.

He says the government should enact tougher penalties for those who pretend to be soldiers.

"Lying about being in the military is the worst thing you can do," DeWolf said. "Our cemeteries are filled with men and women who served their country with dignity and honor."

Cathy Clarke, of Tinley Park, whose son Kevin was killed in combat in Iraq nearly two years ago, called what Masa did "pretty low."

"That's a sad situation what he did," Clarke said. "I'd say he has some self-esteem issues.

"I just hope that stories like this don't discourage people from supporting our troops. They need our support."

Frank Mulcahy, a Vietnam-era Marine veteran, said Masa deserves to spend some time in prison.

"That would certainly teach him a lesson," said Mulcahy, of Tinley Park. "Then, when he gets out of prison, let him go to Iraq and fight alongside the real soldiers in the war on terror."

Army veteran Al Lynch, of Gurnee, who received the Medal of Honor -- the military's highest honor -- said "there isn't a jail bad enough for someone like that."

"There definitely should be some demonstrative punishment for what he did," said Lynch, one of about 150 Medal of Honor recipients still living. Most Medal of Honor recipients are honored posthumously.

Lynch served in Vietnam.

"Some people start embellishing military careers because they hang out with guys who really did serve, and they get caught up in the moment," he said. "Others do it maliciously.

"They do it to scam others financially. Either way, it's wrong and should be punished."

Jim Hook may be reached at
jhook@dailysouthtown.com
or (708) 633-5961.

###END###

Leavenworth is too good for this jerk!

They ought to drop this guy in the middle of An Bar Province with a BB gun!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:17 AM

That is very sad. Service medals and ribbons should be earned not bought. Now I'm pissed off. (sorry for the strong word) I have a strong committment to veterans especially Vietnam veterans.

Raggedy Ann
Old 01-06-2007, 12:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Check out the Award Certificates, DD214 not necessary. http://citationexpress.com/?OVRAW=pu...OVMTC=standard