The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2022, 12:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up An American & A Patriot By Choice

5-10-2022

One of the most understated patriots in “American History” is (in my opinion) - The Illustrious Thomas Paine! And even though he was not born here within in “The United States of America”, never has any individual ever deserved the title of “American” more than this magnificent man, in my opinion!

This gentleman (Thomas Paine, 1737-1809), the author of the pamphlet called “Common Sense” did as much to secure our independence and our liberties in “The Late Eighteenth Century (Seventeen Hundreds)” than did any other mortal being of his time and age, in my opinion and this, while also placing himself in mortal danger! A danger, I might add, that this much maligned “Genuine American Thinker, Writer and Hero”, proudly undertook to do his part in the creation of the greatest nation ever to be conceived upon the face of “This Entire Planet!”

But who really was ‘Thomas Paine’ and what did he do to insure our freedoms and our liberty? And why did some people (even within his own era), do their damndest to destroy his reputation and the blessings of liberty and freedom that he, no less than Washington, Madison and even Jefferson Himself, helped to secure for “Our Nation!”

Thomas Paine was born, not here within “The American Colonies”, but rather in Thetford, England, in the year 1737, some two-hundred or so years before even this author’s birth. “But this is actually right next door, by today’s way of thinking!”

And even in his day and age, many of his views were considered to be revolutionary, even by today’s standards! But were it not for “The Illustrious Mr. Paine” and other patriotic men and women of like thinking, we here within “The United States of America” may not have ever gained our freedom and with it, the magnificent glories, inventions, innovations and people that we have sired over these last two and a half centuries or so!

And so it was (and so it still is), that many an unsung and noteworthy “American Patriot and Hero” - men like “Our Own Illustrious Thomas Paine”, whose entry into “The New World” was sponsored by none other than “Benjamin Franklin Himself”, came to pass through the pages of “Our Own American History” and in the process, they too added to the greatness and the glory that was to become “Our Truly Magnificent, American Historical Heritage!”

Hardcore