The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > World War II

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2006, 03:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default Hitler vs. Stalin

Ok, now I know that the Allies said that Hitler was the better of the two evils, and they gave Hitler the oppertunity by choosing appeasement and letting him said the Sudatenland. Now I know that Hitler was a horrific man, but so was Stalin, he killed millions and sent them to force labor camps before Hitler did, I am just wondering what if the Allies said that Stalin was the better of the two, and they gave him what he wanted, whatever that may have been, what do you think he would have done? That has been bugging the crap out of me, would the Holocaust would have happened? I personally think it would have, just not with the jews and not with the Nazis, and probably not as horrible or cruel but I do think it would have taken place. Now I asked some people if they knew who Stalin was, they said no, I asked those same people if they knew Hiter, they said yes, and I understand that Hitler is more infamous than Stalin, but why? Stalin killed millions because he was paranoid, Hitler killed millions because he was racist, what is the better of the two evils?? So, what if the Allies chose Stalin, what do you think would have happened? Would Hitler have held his own Holocaust still? I just wanted to know you guy's thoughts, I may be way off base, but I am honestly very curious about this. Thanks for the help

Taylor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2006, 04:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Hitler vs Stalin?

Hitler had a small country compared to Stalin.
Stalin had a big rural oriented country, could hide his evil deeds.

Hitler murdered: 5 - 7 million people
Stalin murdered: 10 - 20 million people

Hitler did do a few good things at the start.
Stalin never did do any good, Russia survived inspite of him.

Both no good psychopathic murders.

Keith
Old 12-20-2006, 03:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Stalin was loved and was an embarrassment to the Communists in this country. The media covered up and never reported his atrocities in his own country. Many here in the US were embracing Communisim as the answer to all our problems, giving him our Atomic Secrets, and infiltrating at all levels. Many here went along with him. There was a phrase used at that time by the Soviets for the Americans that supported Stalin. They called them "Useful Idiots". History bearly mentions that when the Nazi's invaded Poland, they did it with Stalin guarenteing Stalin Eastern Poland for himself.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-20-2006, 06:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Lightbulb

And the Funny of the Day for comparisons to Hitler, On "the View" Joy Beyher compared Rumsfild to Hitler "boy what a Dumause!She is........" then the next day she backpedaled when she noticed her Audience was Booing her not Rumsfild
Old 03-18-2007, 11:26 AM

The difference was that Stalin was fighting against Hitler, and we were only to happy for Hitler to be tied fighting Uncle Joe rather than us. Just try and imagine what it could have been like if Germany had turned it's full force into North Africa rather than Russia.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

My Guess is that North Africa would be speaking German and maybe the Vichy French would be still running France