The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2023, 10:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink That Elusive Golden Screw

12-5-2023

Legend has it that ‘Gold’ is where you find it, and I do remember that away back into my youth, and at a time when “The Gold Bug” had sunk its fangs deeply into the flesh and the imaginations of many s wandering ‘Los Angelino’, that I use to travel with my father (the sixty or so miles) into “The San Gabriel Mountain Range of Los Angeles County”, on one of our many forays out into the backcountry of L.A., searching for a dream, a little fresh air, almost invisible gold-strikes and even as an escape from reality itself!

But like most of we transplanted, “Post World War Two - Road Jockeys” we too were just intrigued by the tales of treasure and lost mines that almost titillated, the imaginations of every “geographical-transplant” who was ever drawn into this area after “The Big War” and who dreamed of things that never really were, save for those that are found in “Dime Novels” and within the fertile imaginations (and the dreams) of fools?

But onward we came (by the millions), hats in hand, and bitten by that same “Old Bug of Wanderlust” that had enthralled “Our Forefathers” before us (time and time again), and in eons that have long since vanished! And naturally, and just like our illustrious ancestors before us, we often had more dreams than could ever be housed within the confines of common sense and more aspiration than we had real brains!

But, once again, onward we came, in a thundering migration and in search of “That Golden Screw That (of late)”, has seen many of those wander-hungry pioneers, fleeing back to their places of birth, disillusioned (but far wiser), after having finally come to grips with the ghosts of those things that never really were!

Now don’t get me wrong, we adventurous fools were not alone in our quest to discover bigger and better things, as the woods after ‘The Big War’ were alive with those modern-day explorers who were also in search of the very same dreams, but as it is with most illusions, the fantasy soon began to wear thin, and the reality and disillusionment of that reality also began to take hold of our waistlines and our imaginations!

And so it was, with many of those searchers for wealth and fame, prompting many of us to realize that “Horace Greely” was all wet in his analogy of “Go West Young Man?”

And granted, there were also those who actually found their golden horde “West of the Rockies”, but many more merely settled down into a life of hard work and short supplies, eventually melting into that gigantic cauldron that encompasses “The Vast Pacific West Coast!”

But where does one go when reality finally does catch up to fantasy and wishful thinking?

“Go East Young Man perhaps?” But alas, the only thing that ever rises in the east – is “The Sun Itself!”

Finally, and getting back to the theme of this meandering piece of hodgepodge (The Golden Screw), although it is exceedingly true that most screws do indeed turn in but a single direction, it is also just as true, that the mind and the imagination of mankind - is forever searching for bigger and better things! And just maybe, it is this pox and disenchantment with the status-quo that draws mankind into his quest for a better life?

This was, after all, the reason why men like ‘Christopher Columbus and even John Cabot’
laid it all upon the line to venture into uncharted-waters in search of “El Dorado” was it not? Just as much so, in fact, as humanity now finds it essential to journeys to the stars and beyond, still in search of the great unknown?

And for as long as our race of beings still exists within this restricted quadroon of space and time, it should be clearly understood by us all, that the word “Satisfied” will never become a functioning part of our human-reasoning? And after all is said and done, maybe “El Dorado Itself” is really not all that far-fetched, and even possibly, “Maybe That Mythical Golden Screw” that binds us all together in today’s reality, is actually hidden just beyond the very next turn in human evolution? And possibly it is even sequestered (and neatly hidden) within that place in time and space - that no mortal being can ever truly find?

Hardcore
Old 12-05-2023, 12:45 PM

Talking What else is known about a golden screw

Curious: What else is also known about a golden a. screw
-
1. The Golden Screw is an apt metaphor for the last critical item that is holding up a product or a project.
It may well refer to a bigger shortfall of resources in the production process.

2. Or; The second story, The Great Golden Belly Button was good but the King is not very nice because
he wants everyone to think of big lies to win the belly button but it is not good and you should never tell lies.

3. I was checking out some other blogs on the internet and I found this interesting retelling of an old joke
of which I heard many variants in my zit filled, over-hormonic teen age years.

See if it's familiar to you:

A couple has a baby with a strange birth defect – a golden screw stuck in his belly button.
Doctors assure them there’s nothing to be done about it.

So the couple takes him home and raises him right and proper. The boy, alas, grows up ashamed of his difference
and blames it on the fact that he Has no friends, can’t get a date, has a crummy job, etc. (In truth, his problems
are not due to the golden screw, but to the fact that he is, in fact, a total asshole. (But: perhaps I am editorializing.)

Anyway, he goes to experts around the world to remove the screw,
and gets nowhere. He’s told to just live with it.
He sees scientists and surgeons and witch doctors and gurus
and philosophers and sorcerers of all kinds and descriptions.
Finally, he goes to a holy man who lives in a tower in the
desert somewhere, who says, “I’ll tell you how to get rid
of this thing, but you won’t like it. Maybe you should just
accept yourself as you are.” But the guy insists, so the
holy man gives him a set of instructions to follow during
the next full moon. He follows the instructions to the letter,
then lays down on a lawn chair under the moon – naked, of
course – and waits for something to happen. Finally, a golden
dot on the moon gets bigger and bigger and bigger – and
closer and closer and closer.
-
After a time, he realizes that a golden screwdriver is flying
through the air, directly toward the guy, and he is powerless
to escape. The giant golden screwdriver lands delicately on
the golden screw, makes a few quick turns, and flies away,
bringing the screw with it. The young man lays there for a
long time (did I mention he was nude?) and marvels at
what he has seen.

Finally he yawns, stretches and stands up.
-
THE END: And his butt falls off.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In closing: Trump was born with a golden spoon in his mouth.
Well it also seems he had a golden screw in him as well.
He never knew poor - or suffering - as he always got & had
everything he ever wanted.

His biggest flaw was his greed - he never had enough.
He wanted riches - and pulled all the strings that he could
he get away with or whatever he wanted. Then running for
President he could secure absolute power - as a President!
-
Here's where he overloaded ass and got himself into a
one hell of fix - he overshot his values & capabilities. His
foul mouth and arrogance destroyed his business - and
eventually his Presidency.
-
There's many like him who want that power. But his
talents didn't pay off - rather his greed and his so-called
unlimited power - came to be - with the attack on the
Congress.
-
He lost his golden screw shortly thereafter and now has
a stick in his ass for the deformation done to our Capital
and the Congress.
-
He's a sham now - misleading his taxes and values on
his so-called property. His true color's came out in the
later days leading up to the election and loosing like
he did - of which he then caused an deplorable insurrection.
-
They will shortly remove his golden screw (never removed)
and insert a rusted copper one & then the devaluation of his
property taxes - falsifying their values & being a womanizer.

Shortly thereafter his Golden Screw will fall off and his all his
opportunities to get re-elected are very slim - if that!
-
And like the last line posted earlier - "His Ass Also Falls Off."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
He's got nobody to blame "but himself" - he dug his own ditch!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Just my summation: Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote