The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2005, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Don't

sit there at your little keyboard in your little tucked away hiding place where you don't have the "time" or "energy" to spend at getting some of these problems corrected because somebody sent you nasty little, uncaring "form" letter response!

Who the HELL are you to say, "It doesn't seem that you really WANT to solve any of those problems...

Seems like, instead, you want most of all to cuss the President and anybody who might defend him. When yer done with that, lemme know."-
-end quote.

I KNOW what I've done and will CONTINUE to try and do to correct these problems.............WHAT THE PHUCK HAVE YOU DONE ??

Especially from one who evidently has not taken the time OR made the "effort" to get one damn thing done about it in MORE than THREE FREAKIN YEARS!

When you made this stupid remark it SHOWS just how little you KNOW (and apparently CARE) about the VA health care system!

And I quote you, "My VA classification is so far down the line that I'd be lucky to get a business card at the front desk from them. That's okay by me, I'd rather people who really need help got it. I'll do okay as it is but, factually, there isn't ANYBODY I can go to for help with medical costs. So, in a way, deserving Vets at least have an advantage over that, eh?"--- end quote.

Do you even KNOW what the "eligibility requirements" are to receive VA health care? Have you ever even attempted to find out IF the VA could help out with some of those "medical costs" you so emphatically comment about? If YOU haven't gotten off your lazy a$$ and checked into what is "available" for your own well being............you ain't gettin no sympathy from ME!

Like I've said before.............it's folks like YOU and a few others around here..who have very little if ANY true "knowledge" of what the actual "facts" are about this subject who do MORE DAMAGE to disabled and sick veterans by your ignorance and lack of efforts to correct the problems than those who aren't EVEN VETERANS for Gods sakes!

Get off your butt and DO SOMETHING! Instead of bitchin and moanin at US who ARE doing something!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2005, 08:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

You need to cease cussing me too, Gimpy!

I never said or thought a word about not having time or energy to be involved with this... and, the only person who has ever offered me any sympathy at all is my dog.

Yes, I am pretty well aware of what the VA eligibility requirements are because I have received health care from VA. I felt guilty as hell accepting it at the time too, if you wanna know... but I had zero choice, due to some other choices I had made in my life (too many ex-wives and too much Southern Comfort :cl: ) I felt guilty about it because I knew very well that there are those among us who cannot even stand up who needed help more than me.

Not only that, in '67 I actually joined V V A W for the sole purpose of trying to get some VA help for returning VN guys... and we were a little bit successful believe it or not, until commies took over the group.

I understand that it is a major issue for you, and maybe I even understand a little bit about why it might be so and how that came to pass... but that does not mean I am doing nothing more than sitting at a keyboard for the privilege of you beating me on the head every day
Old 07-01-2005, 08:36 PM

Hey Gimpy! Let's just drop all political BS on this ok? What are YOU doing to support the troops? Running your mouth about the lack of armor isn't really helping them day to day. I've sent Second Chance Body Armor (The kind the cops use) to troops over there) Have you even sent anything like candy or coffee?
All BS aside.....would you like an address to send stuff to the troops (sundry packages with coffee and non perishable food stuffs, and nice to have stuff for hot climates)? I'll be glad to give you an address of an Army Chaplain who I guarantee, will not subvert goodies for his own use, but will distribute evenly to the troops no matter what outfit they are from.

You are pretty good at pointing fingers to blame.....put your money where your mouth is for a change. It will make you feel good, even though you are a Democrat.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well, well,

Well.............look who finally slithered out of their hole!

Originally posted by colmurph "Hey Gimpy! Let's just drop all political BS on this ok? What are YOU doing to support the troops? Running your mouth about the lack of armor isn't really helping them day to day. I've sent Second Chance Body Armor (The kind the cops use) to troops over there) Have you even sent anything like candy or coffee?

So then............By your admission that you've "sent Second Chance Body Armor (The kind the cops use) to troops over there) " your unequivocally acknowledging the FACT that your "hero" Gee-W and his administration sent these troops into harms way WITHOUT adequate equipment, HUH?

How interesting...............? Are you aware that these conditions STILL exist as we speak? How do you suppose that could be after TWO (2) YEARS OF COMBAT ACTION, HUH? It couldn't have anything to do with GEE-W not giving a RATS ASS about these young heros, do you?

Naw..........surely not..............I'm SURE since he's had more than TWO (2) YEARS to have these conditions corrected, he's done everything he can, right?...........Gimmie a freakin break.

And YOU have the damn audacity to question ME about what I"M doing for the troops?

Just a "sampling".......my local DAV chapter AND MOPH chapters have "adopted" several Florida National Guard units sent to Iraq as well as family members children and grandchildren who are over there in other units. We regularly (about once a month) send care packages, cards and other things to them as well as E-mails for those that have computors available.

Regardless of our "political" differences...............I'm proud to see your doing SOMETHING!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 07-02-2005, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Your dialogue with fellow members would be enchanced were you to cease describing a respected member of this outfit as having "...slithered out of [his] hole."

I doubt, very much, that Murph "slithers" anywhere at anytime. If I may say, it offends me that your words might be offensive to him. He is fully capable of defending himself, if and when he chooses. However...

Or, perhaps, your primary purpose is, after all, to sustain an outlet for personal aggression and relief of personal anger?

I ask again, to what extent ARE you truly interested in resolving the issues of interest, and, IS it actually in your best interest to perpetually alienate those whom might become your allies?

The insults, the invective, the slander is unwarranted... and it does little more than to attract the same or similar from those whom, one supposes, you wish to persuade.

What, exactly, ARE you so angry about, Gimpy? In your own inimitable words...

Down deep, what actually IS going on... what motivates you... what CAN anyone here do to help put those terrors away from your beautiful self forever?

Your dialogue methods suggest a mania, or a manic, obsession irrespective of reality.

You demand that people here attend to your precise words, yet you seldom ever attend precisely to theirs (in P/CP anyhow) and, what is more, you almost dependably stereotype and project your own assumptions about others onto what we say as if only you know what we are saying, and as if we n e v e r understand a single word you write!

What gives here, brother Gimpy? What gives! Eh?
Old 07-02-2005, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Look Blue

"respected" member my ASS!

This ain't got NOTHING to do with YOU.

This little bit of nastiness goes WAY, WAY back and I won't get into it here because it dosen't concern you.

All you have to do is ask some of the "regulars" around here like Mortardude (Larry), RAZZ, Paco, Andy, Griz and a few others that'll substantiate MY "feelings" towards the "esteemed Col."

You need to stay the hell out of it, OK?

Have a nice day and mind your own business!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 07-05-2005, 02:50 PM

Gimpy...do you think that you could post a thought without resorting to vulgar language? Is it necessary for you to call everybody names to get your point across? You are acting like an ignorant redneck who has to resort to cussing because he can't think of a quick comeback. Seems to me that all you can do is cut-and-paste and cuss. I think you need some serious psychiatric intervention and help. You don't come across to me as a rational person. From reading your posts I get the picture of you as sitting in front of your keyboard and foaming at the mouth. Our "War" was almost 40 years ago Gimpy......GET OVER IT!!!!

Oh, BTW, do you really think that you garner much respect from anyone other than Moartardude and those of your peculiar political persuasion? I don't have much respect for you GImpy, simply because you haven't earned any respect by your ravings and antics on these boards. Were you to learn to become more circumspect in your comments to others and to me I might come to respect you, however you, at present have only earned my scorn.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well then Smurph

If I've "earned" your "scorn" I MUST be doing SOMETHING right!

Oh, BTW do YOU actually "think" that YOU are one to be talkin about gaining "respect" around HERE of all places.

After the WAY you've "trashed" just about everyone around here who has applied for VA help for not ONLY PTSD but physical injuries as well?

You're kinda tryin to be the "POT" talkin to the "Kettle" ain't ya???

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 07-05-2005, 03:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

this site has just become one endless argument to no good end..it is too bad.

Larry
Old 07-05-2005, 03:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE murph :

You malign, with impunity, anyone who collects va benefits due to PTSD, and called them cowards, have assailed honored veterans on here who are disabled and who served as medics by saying that they did neither, and compared anyone who questions the motives and tactics of this war, to Jane Fonda. As Gimpy said, go back to your hole.

Larry
BTW,

Murph also assails the Patriot Act.