The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2016, 06:36 PM

Red face It's another day & if your reading this your still alive

Hey guys where's the humor? Just killed another six pack. Got to thinking about how quick time goes by. This May I turn 70 - many guys I know didn't make that. Yet, we did so we have to remember those who didn't. Was going to the VFW tonight but didn't want to hear all the BS again. If it wasn't for HC and RECO this site would have dried up by now.

We try hard to shout out our feelings and I see many readers - but no other input. Why is that? I don't know - but I know you're out there you're reading our threads - why not join in and unload get it out and say what's on your mind.

It's difficult for many to express their feelings and thoughts about many issues. But us few do our best to keep you readers aware of the issues of the day.

We're getting older - I don't know if we are any wiser but we are still being counted. This world we live iis what we are leaving to our kids and grand-kids. We have to look out for them because if we don't - who will?

The men and women in uniform today need us to keep an eye on things that they may not be aware of or really give a shit about. The issues today are not what they were in our day. We were young like many of them and followed orders as issued. Just as they are doing today.

The majority of us older's guys are thinning out and you younger ones need to carry the torch once we are gone. You have to look out for the others we leave behind. Your Dad or Grand-Dad were no different. They wanted us to have things better than what they had.

The gift of life is living it to its fullest. Make the best of the time we are given. Remembering those who didn't have the opportunity to do that. Carry on for them and for yours and teach them the issues at hand. I talk to my Grandson about his heritage and he men in the family and the women who served and struggled to make a life for him and others.

When I'm gone I hope someone will know this old Boats tried his hardest to make things better for the next generation. Being an American is important but being alive is another. For once we pass our thoughts and wishes are lost to eternity to never more do we have any input or the ability to teach our experiences. That's pretty profound. I recall my conversations with my Grand-Father who I loved dearly and his passing hit me very hard. The struggles he went through and the difficulties of life back then were far more difficult than we have today.

I lost my younger sister Chrissy who I loved dearly. It was a wake-up call to let me know we all die. When we are young we will live forever as we grow older we know differently.

Make sure those you care-about know how you feel - let them know how much you Love them - because someday they will be gone. To remember those who've passed is very important. It means they taught you something and their conversations meant something. This should give them peace of mind.

We don't always get along with our family. We butt heads and then we don't talk for years sometimes. This is bad - I know I've been there. Life is so long as child and so short as an old man. Don't wait to tell those who you care about - how important they were to you. Once they are gone - it's too late.

Stay active keep working - get a job. I've worked since I've been 8-years old. I'm still working. My Dad told me - Son all you have to remember is that you have to work the rest of your life. Accept that and you will do fine. Good words I'm still work (70 years old). I smoke and I drink but I don't cuss or swear. I know all the word's - but refuse to use them in daily conversation. It's demeaning and shows you had a poor education.

If you are sick take your Med's otherwise you wrote your own ticket to shortcomings.

Other than that my friends - be who you are - and live the best you can - be daring step across the line once awhile and laugh - humor is a great gift don't loose it.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Wise words, thank you Boats.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote