The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2004, 06:13 AM

Default a 1962 Testing of A-Bomb

Travis who has posted here several times, just happened to mention that he was on this ship
and his comments
Quote:
Mother Margaret, The Atomic Bomb (web link) should take you to the 1962 atomic bomb explosion that my ship was just 2,000 yards from. Me and the crew were watching from an lst. This site is where I got the photo from. That is my ship's website. We went back aboard the ship shortly after the explosion. The whole port side of our ship was burnt black and everything that wasn't nailed down was in a different place from that explosion.I remember one af the guys fingers on both hands were twisted all out of shape shortly after we went back onboard. He and several others were transferred from the ship. He was a friend of mine and the word got around that he had arthritis in his fingers. We let it go at that because no-one knew of the problems from exposure.

Put me in touch with Gale. I'd like to talk to her. I've been trying to get the VA to do something about this for awhile now. Thet're dragging their feet. I have sores on my head, arms & back frozen off or burnt off sometimes twice a year. The VA calls them lesions. I figure that it all stems from exposure to that stupid bomb and my body is getting to the point that it's to old to fight it off any longer. - Travis Glenn
Travis, keep hanging in there! I had no idea from your prior posts that you were dealing with something like THIS!

I heard in 2001 that for the first time in 40+ years the Pentagon admitted that Navy military were exposed to nuclear radiation (1960's ?) AND they offered medical help to them. A little late, for sure. I'm hoping there are some helps out there & compensation for you and your family. If you had had your health all these years, how would things have turned out for you?

The brightest light I see, is that our current administration was the one that 'came clean' This gives me hope that if there are other govt injustices out there, the USA will say so - because our current administrations doesn't go for any cover-ups

Photo reference here, too, in case it doesn't come up
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links