The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2004, 07:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James .. calling James....James

James :

What are you travel plans for the period April 18 - 26 and the campout ? I will be retired as of April 2, so don't hesitate to stop here...Let me know.

Larry

P.S. :

I still love you too...
Old 03-29-2004, 05:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Larry

Sorry to be late getting back to you, been away some this weekend.
Call me at 510.541.6814--the best time for me is early, 5:30--6:00AM,. I get to the gym after that. If thats too early even for you Volunteers, just call and leave your # and a good time to call you back
Did I read youre RETIRING??????
YAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYA YYAYYAYYAYYAYYYAYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYY AYYAYYAYYAYYAY
YAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYA YYAYYAYYAYYAYYYAYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYYAYY AYYAYYAYYAYYAY
I'm happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far my travel plans have me getting to Atlanta on the 23d, driving to the Psycovets campout. After that Fred and I are going to cruse some CW sites--I'm not exactly sure how long this will be--we may fall upon each other like long lost brothers and we may not.
I figure to be in Memphisthat Thursday or Fri Night--I'm not exactly sure--butA good lrrp always leaves himself a good E&E route (usually more than one) juuuuuuust in case

Dang, with everybody writng to see if I'm coming, I might have to invest in some Kevlar. I aint saying which way I'll be coimaing from. I'll be bringing along the AIrborne Ranger Approved M420 Nose,False, with Glasses, Groucho, just in case.
(Are YOU paranioad enough to be a lrrp?)
James
Old 03-29-2004, 06:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James,...

...No kelvar,...

...I figured you for "Teflon",...

...seems you had a lot of loads dropped on you, and all have refused to stick, wishing you the best during your journey's, and we'll see you soon,...

..."Dapper James",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Looking foward to meeting you James
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

OK, Capt. Kaos...LOL LOL.....so does that mean you will be back thru the Memphis, TN. area on an April 29 - 30 time frame ...it would be good if you could stay thru Sunday so my wife and both sons could meet you...??? Yes, retirement is a God send...a blessing...

I will call you soon ... take care.

Larry

P.S. : Which Civil War sites are you going to see ???

P.P.S. : take a gander at the tour brochure I sent you and give me a list of the top 4 or 5 things you want to do..I might have to make reservations as that is start of the tourist season around here .....OK ?

Later....
Old 03-29-2004, 10:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE OK, Capt. Kaos...LOL LOL.....so does that mean you will be back thru the Memphis, TN. area on an April 29 - 30 time frame ...it would be good if you could stay thru Sunday so my wife and both sons could meet you...??? Yes, retirement is a God send...a blessing...

I will call you soon ... take care.

Larry

P.S. : Which Civil War sites are you going to see ???

P.P.S. : take a gander at the tour brochure I sent you and give me a list of the top 4 or 5 things you want to do..I might have to make reservations as that is start of the tourist season around here .....OK ?

Later....
Kay, Larry here it is--actually I'm glad youre nailing me down here I'm scrambliong to put this together
Here's a copy of a pm I sent you but inproved:
Larry
Sorry to be so peripatetic about answering--been in and about lately and also had computer trouble.
Plus I'm just lame sometimes.
So far here's whats happening:
get into Atlanta 4/23, stay there one day, drive to Psycovets campoout. The Fred and I will be touring some CW sites, this will probably start Sun/ 25th going to4/26--27. Neither of us know how long this willtake--2 old Vietnam Vets with everlflowing ATM cards --might wind up in Acapulco
Any rate I see me driving over to Memphis on Wed, possibly Thursday that week--then one night there, possibly cruise Shiloh the next day? Mostly what I want to see will be the Beale Street Bluesy section and the historical part--this does NOT have to be expensive--have to wait Graceland for another time.
Then to Baton Rouge to visit with Dave and Darlene, then Lafayette for some Zydeco,possibly at least one day of the C rawdad Fest--this is THE big weekend in Lafayette for Zudeco and I won't be there long enough as it is., then Nawlins for the last day(s?) of the Jazzfest. Leaving NOLA for home, or at least Samancisco Airport on May 4th.
Yall are welcome to hop in the rentacar and cruise with me Larry, any part of this that looks good.
It will be another great trip, I can tell!!
James
Old 03-29-2004, 11:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default On the Road again!!!!!

Okay, its on the Visa:
Arrive 4/23 Atlanta @ 5:26 pm, thats 1726 for you military freaks.($144)
Leave Nawlins back to The World @ 7:45 May 4 ($147)
Betwen these times I want to pack in all the sightseeing and people meeting I can do
renting a compact (?) from Dollar ($133.99/week) these are the best Demolition Derby cars and hill climbers--rental compacts. Its fun to be old and well insured.
Another wonderfful lrrpster road trip full of exotic places,greasy food and cheesy motels and this time no pesky THE WOMAN to favor me with icy stares if I get a little hogwild. Getting there is half the fun, like I used to read in the Greyhound stations.
DAN!!! You reading this?? try and meet me in NOLA for the weekend of the 1st of May--and anybody else who likes to party in a party town.
Ron and Dave --what say you guys and I meet Sat, May 1st in Lafayette for the Crawdad Fest??
Imagine--Last May Day in Saigon--this May Day in New Orleans--the world is sure getting smaller, along with yr humble correspondent.

James
Old 03-29-2004, 12:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: James,...

Quote:
Originally posted by SEATJERKER ...No kelvar,...

...seems you had a lot of loads dropped on you, and all have refused to stick...
"Dapper James",...

Cryptic, very cryptic. If this means I been shot at and missed and shit at and hit, youre probably right.
Don't expect much in the way of dapper either unless some of you are getting married. Californy funky looks a whole lot like Southern funky in places.
looking forward to meeting you Curtis, and all the rest of you

James