The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default VA and SSA raises

I think I read somewhere that the SSA raise this year was going to be 2.3%. Does anyone know wha the projected VA and SSA raises are for 2008?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 10:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

A Social Security cost-of-living (COLA) increase of 2.3% for 2008 was announced on October 17, 2007.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/...ated=959284761

>>>>>>>

VA COLA 2008 [08] (2.3% effective 1 DEC 07)

http://www.veteransresources.org/
Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Same same....

usually whatever SS is the VA is. Looks like that from Larry's post.

Sid, when I got back from the mountain, and was able to read through clear eyes, which was, like, Tuesday, I noticed I had been, now here's a surprise, turned down from SS. Which is the next best step to take? I know nothing about SS as compared to VA.

Has anyone else noticed that the price of fuel, food, and a sh!tload of stuff, have all increased a bit more than 2.3%, or is it just my imagination?

Needing help in Beaufort,

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)

Last edited by Packo; 11-15-2007 at 04:38 AM. Reason: forgot something
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default In line with this

Prior to Christine passing, I filed for aid and dependents compensation in August of this year, does anyone know if the VA has to honor that claim from Aug 31 to Nov 13 (day of passing). I was told no by a VA rep.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan View Post
Prior to Christine passing, I filed for aid and dependents compensation in August of this year, does anyone know if the VA has to honor that claim from Aug 31 to Nov 13 (day of passing). I was told no by a VA rep.
Robert, first of all, may the Peace that passes all human understanding surround you.....

Secondly, I think that your DC will be retroactively paid.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-15-2007, 08:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan View Post

Robert,

You need to contact a service rep with your local DAV to MAKE SURE the VA does not try and disallow your claim. And do it ASAP.

God Bless,

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The theory of the COLA is way, way out of sync with reality anymore.....

Larry
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
usually whatever SS is the VA is. Looks like that from Larry's post.

Sid, when I got back from the mountain, and was able to read through clear eyes, which was, like, Tuesday, I noticed I had been, now here's a surprise, turned down from SS. Which is the next best step to take? I know nothing about SS as compared to VA.

Has anyone else noticed that the price of fuel, food, and a sh!tload of stuff, have all increased a bit more than 2.3%, or is it just my imagination?

Needing help in Beaufort,

Pack

Mah deah Suthern Brother J.E.B. Packo,

I suggest you find a good attorney with expertise in Social Security disability claims. It's not surprising that you were turned down on your initial claim. Most claims are denied the first time around. Also, don't expect the VA to supply the SS adjudicator with all your VA medical records. It would be beneficial for you to request ALL your VA medical records yourself and examine them completely to make sure they are all there and up to date. Then, if they are, forward them directly to the SS. If not, raise holy hell with the VA until they provide you with what you need.

And, make SURE you have all the private physicians and/or hospital records that support your disabilities to forward to SS as well. Any supporting letters from your private doctors (or former employers) that can verify your disabling conditions and will offer an opinion as to your inability to work will greatly help your case also.

Get ready to fight yet another battle old friend. The war has just begun!

Yo Frand & Brother,

General Beauregard "Stonewall" Gimpinski III----Esquire*

*---(BKPAE---R)---Butt Kickin Pratice Attorney Extraordinare (Retired)

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Paco - qualifying for SSDB in the past would require one to be operating at the intellectual equivalent of an animated carrot. Hopefully, the definitional construct has been revised to more accurately reflect reality. Some attorneys can be helpful in securing bennies, but be very careful what you pray for.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-19-2007, 03:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks Gimpy and Scout

Having more problems recently. Seems like my Blood Pressure is completely out of control even though I stopped smoking more than 2 months. Feeling sick and trying to get in to see a doctor. Short of breath, and at 0500 this morning my BP was 197/105 after 8 hours of sleep. Somethings up. Will take your recommendations to the bank as soon as I get this BP sh!t under control. Thanks!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)