The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2005, 09:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hunter S. Thompson , in appreciation

Hunter S. Thompson a hard drinking , drug abusing , gunfire loving author took his own life on Sunday , with a gun shot. I bet he is talking to some old biker dude with a small dog who just loved his writings and view on life. Peace brothers
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2005, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Thompson

John, I?m not sure if I?ve told you this but back on the old channel Frank and I send some messages back and forth. We usually talked about music, books, war and incidents that had happened since we got back from the war. Frank and I had read all of Gonzo?s books and had a great time talking about him. We were two of the very few people who thought the movie, ?Where the Buffalo Roam? was just great. Saw the obit and Frank was the first person to come to mind. Now, maybe they?ll do some ?stuff? together.

Always remember Thompson being a guest speaker at a college talking mostly to students who wanted to become writers. Someone asked for advise as to how they might become famous at that craft. Thompson said, ?In my case it?s always been about liquor, drugs, sex and violence. Don?t know if it?s right for everyone, but it?s worked for me.?

John, smile today, they were both funny people.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-22-2005, 10:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Andy

I've finally entered the 21 century, I am multi -tasking. Smiling and crying at the same time ! Liquor , drugs , sex and violence. Sounds like the start of a good party on Psyco Mtn. Frank and Hunter would like that
Old 02-22-2005, 10:11 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default John

Dude, they will be there! Looking over us, laughing at you laughing. Laughing at my poor sense of balance. They'll be thinking Jerker has ODed on speed and saying that mike needs to trim that thing on his top lip. There's a lot of other people they'll be talking about but I'll wait till later to hear what they had to said.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-23-2005, 09:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

His book sales have sky rocked since his death. Fear and loathing in Las Vegas went from #1412 to #12 on Amazons Top Seller list. Hunter had requested he be given a proper funeral and then have his ashes shot from a cannon. Got us all smiling at that one !