The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2018, 01:31 PM

Arrow Michael Cohen Breaks From Trump in ABC Interview: ‘I Put Family and Country First’

Michael Cohen Breaks From Trump in ABC Interview: ‘I Put Family and Country First’
by Aidan McLaughlin | 7:22 am, July 2nd, 2018
RE: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/michael-...rm-witch-hunt/

Note: Cohen is going to flip on Trump!

Michael Cohen sat down with George Stephanopoulos for his first interview since the FBI raid in April, and “strongly signaled his willingness to cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller,” the ABC News anchor said.

“My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will,” Cohen said. “I put family and country first.”

Cohen, Donald Trump’s “fix it” lawyer, had his homes and office raided by the FBI over his payment to Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about an alleged affair with the president. He’s also being investigated by prosecutors in New York’s Southern District for potential financial crimes.

Stephanopoulos interviewed Cohen for 45 minutes at his hotel, and the pair discussed reports that the lawyer — known for his intense fealty to Trump — is considering flipping on the president.

On Good Morning America, Stephanopoulos said Cohen is “breaking free.”

The ABC News anchor said Cohen didn’t praise Trump during the interview, and said “my first priority” when asked “what he would do if prosecutors forced him to choose between protecting the president and protecting his family.”

“Once I understand what charges might be filed against me, if any at all, I will defer to my new counsel, Guy Petrillo, for guidance,” Cohen said.

Stephanopoulos reported:

But when I pointed out to Cohen that he wasn’t repeating past vows to “take a bullet” and “do anything” to protect the president, the longtime Trump loyalist left little doubt about where he stands now, saying simply: “To be crystal clear, my wife, my daughter and my son, and this country have my first loyalty.”

Cohen said he would be deferring to his lawyer’s advice, and responded forcefully when Stephanopoulos asked how he would respond if Trump’s legal team targets him directly.

“I will not be a punching bag as part of anyone’s defense strategy,” he said. “I am not a villain of this story, and I will not allow others to try to depict me that way.”

And despite Trump and his legal team’s attacks on the FBI and special counsel, Cohen defended his investigators, breaking with his former client.

“I respect the prosecutors. I respect the process,” he said. “I would not do or say anything that might be perceived as interfering with their professional review of the evidence and the facts.”

“I don’t agree with those who demonize or vilify the FBI. I respect the FBI as an institution, as well as their agents,” he said. “When they searched my hotel room and my home, it was obviously upsetting to me and my family. Nonetheless, the agents were respectful, courteous and professional. I thanked them for their service and as they left, we shook hands.”

“I don’t like the term witch hunt,” he added, referring to the Mueller probe.

He also called the infamous Trump Tower meeting with Russian nationals in 2016 “a mistake” and “simply an example of poor judgment.” When asked if Trump knew about the meeting, Cohen declined to answer.

When asked what he wants out of the ordeal, Cohen said, “I want to regain my name and my reputation and my life back.”

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2018, 01:37 PM

Arrow Michael avenatti says michael cohen is ‘dumb’ and ‘trying to play both sides’ in abc

MICHAEL AVENATTI SAYS MICHAEL COHEN IS ‘DUMB’ AND ‘TRYING TO PLAY BOTH SIDES’ IN ABC INTERVIEW WITH STEPHANOPOULOS
BY GREG PRICE ON 7/2/18 AT 9:30 AM
RE: http://www.newsweek.com/avenatti-coh...3969?piano_t=1

The former “fixer” for President Donald Trump, Michael Cohen, made a poor move in granting ABC News an off-camera interview and was attempting to “play games” and to “play both sides,” according to attorney Michael Avenatti.

Avenatti, who represents adult film star Stormy Daniels in her case against Cohen, was referring to the interview anchor George Stephanopoulos conducted with the embattled Cohen that was released Monday morning.

“If Mr. Cohen really gave an ‘off camera’ interview to @GStephanopoulos (whom I respect) for @GMA, he is dumber than I thought. He is playing games & trying to play both sides. There is only one way he can have any legitimate shot at saving his reputation... #TickTock #Basta,” Avenatti tweeted. Quote: If Mr. Cohen really gave an "off camera" interview to @GStephanopoulos (whom I respect) for @GMA, he is dumber than I thought. He is playing games & trying to play both sides. There is only one way he can have any legitimate shot at saving his reputation...

Avenatti has frequently taken shots at Cohen and claimed the president’s former personal attorney was potentially facing serious charges over his business and work for Trump. And Avenatti has stated he believed Cohen would eventually flip on the president in order to avoid jail time.

Cohen’s interview with Stephanopoulos is likely to fuel speculation about Cohen’s remaining loyalty to Trump, who he has said he would take a “bullet” for and would stay loyal no matter what.

Stephanopoulos said he spent 45 minutes speaking with Cohen on Saturday, and Cohen’s apparent loyalty to the president might be wavering based on his statements and responses.

Cohen defended the FBI, unlike the president’s frequent attacks against investigators, and also said he put his family and the “country” above all else. Cohen’s residence, office and hotel room were raided by federal officials in April, and he’s currently under investigation for his business practices as well as potential campaign finance law violations.

Per George Stephanopoulos: “My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty, and always will,” Michael Cohen told me http://abcn.ws/2MDLLxK - 7:23 AM - Jul 2, 2018

“My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will,” Cohen said. “I put family and country first.”

Cohen, who worked for Trump for roughly a decade, also stated that he would be a “punching bag” when asked if he was worried the president or his supporters would attempt to defame Cohen in order to downplay his closeness to or his work for the president.

“I will not be a punching bag as part of anyone’s defense strategy,” Cohen said. “I am not a villain of this story, and I will not allow others to try to depict me that way.”

Cohen also opted not to directly answer a question about whether or not Trump knew about the payment made to Daniels prior to the 2016 election. The president previously denied having any knowledge of the payment at all, but one of his current attorneys, Rudy Giuliani, claimed Trump had paid Cohen back the $130,000 and more.

“I want to answer. One day I will answer,” Cohen said when asked about the payment and if Trump knew. “But for now, I can’t comment further on advice of my counsel.”

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote