The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2003, 07:56 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Superstition

What were your superstitious while in the service?
I was given a St. Christopher?s medal just before I left home. As some of you know I sort of got wounded a few times. Anyway, each time I got hit, it could/should have been much worst. Each time St. Chris was gone and couldn?t be found anywhere. Almost like he took the hit for me and then disappeared. Each time hurt the first think I did was sent a note home begging for another St. Chris, ASAP.
Also, in mech infantry we all had a .50 ammo box that was for our personal stuff. Mine always had to contain 3 packs of cigarettes. Could be more but never less. Why three, no idea at all.
Our entire Bat. had a thing were you could never name a vehicle ?II?. For example if you had an APC named ?The Green Monster? and you hit a land mind, you couldn?t name the new one ?The Green Monster II?. (Each vehicle had a name on it painted in dark blue near the driver's hatch.) The idea was, all the luck in the old name had run out.
So how about you guys? What quirks got you through? Did anyone eat Ham & Mothers to ?appease the gods? after a bad firefight? How about patting a centerfold as they did in WWII?

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links