The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2002, 03:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortdawg

Nice job Tucker. My Dad was a hero too, he served in Nam. I really miss him a lot he had a heart of gold and a smile to make anybodies day. He came home and brought it with him he was a fighter all his life tryin to get help for Nam vets but lukemia took him out. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2002, 04:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Thumbs up Ladies night-smell the coffee

Welcome shortdawg! I'm brewing up a fresh pot. Just got through pouring out a real bitter pot from this afternoon. I drank too much of it and almost made me sick. Sounds like your following in your Dad's footsteps too. They don't make hero's the way they used to. My Dad hated bullies...guess he taught me to feel the same. he was always for the underdog. he was a featherweight and died of his war illnesses with no compensation and refused to ask for VA help. Always made it on his own. his Indian name was Lone Wolf. He took that name several years right before he died and cried through the whole ceremony with me my sister and daughter and grandson. he said it was time to start talking about things. Some people don't like heros like him because they can't measure up...you know what I mean so they put people like him down. He was man enough to cry. That made him big in my eyes. he could also admit he was wrong. I tend to have an affinity for my own shoe leather at times but like him can admit it if I bite off too much. He chose his battles better than me, I tend to jump in the fire and get the heck beat out of me but then i guess he did too at first because he had scars to prove it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 04:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to vetgirl

Sarge was a bummer. Never understood him till I met the "Duke"(my boyfriend) He does talk. But I was a few months too late to let him know.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:41 PM

I am currently corresponding with a lady who is stationed in Italy. I am going to invite her to come here. I think she will like it
Old 07-16-2002, 04:51 PM

Cool Ladies night-smell the coffee

hey vet girl...have a cup of Java. Sorry about sarge. Glad you found your current love. Guess its true Love looks not with the eyes but with the heart. Glad to see you here. It's been a rough day outside the saloon but better now in this safe place. Have to work off my spaghetti dinner hubby and I had.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:07 PM

He is so much like my dad... you know. I sent my friend beth the "invitation" She's about 25 or so sent me a picture of her and her plane. She's been calling us for about 2 years, says she's always bored (maybe homesick). I think she'd really like this place
Old 07-16-2002, 05:10 PM

Thumbs up Ladies night-smell the coffee

Yes invite her. Tell Duke hi for me. Don't forget the other site either Women patriots. You are one! Bernadette did a lot of work on it to set it up so we need to show our appreciation to keep it going. I'd be honored to see you there! Maybe Duke has some insight too.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:13 PM

Angry Ladies night

Duke and Sarge alike? Does Duke make you memorize his serial number? Or alike in other ways....
Old 07-16-2002, 05:14 PM

Duke HATES computers. LOVES TV. I told him you guys said he should join and he says he'd probably get kicked off for his big mouth. He's funny about some stuff. Found his Nam buddies; he won't go to the reunion. But I found here, so all is not lost
Old 07-16-2002, 05:15 PM

I know his military record by heart (duke)