The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2003, 03:43 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Contact Congress

http://thomas.loc.gov/

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2003, 03:57 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sis, I agree with you 100%, but how do you hold a person(people) accountable that have no conscience? Sure you can write and call and e-mail, does any of that ever reach it's intended recipient? If you know of a way, I am all ears and will tote the banner the highest.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 01-13-2003, 04:32 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Trav

Quote:
Rep. Christopher Shays (R-Conn.), chairman of the Government Reform Committee?s national security subcommittee, said the latest problem Pentagon officials uncovered involves gas masks that have the wrong gaskets and will require extensive inspections to ensure that they are functioning properly.
I think the first thing we need to do is start right here where the most current problem is. I will be back with Shay's address. Maybe we should start a petition concerning this specific issue and work backwards.

I'm with you Trav it seems that the service organizations can only do so much. My personal feeling is that there needs to be a grass roots movement of friends, relatives of all military past and present and those are the people that need to get the attention of congress. My brother was telling me about a group of women in WI that are raisin' cane over all of this maybe we need to hook up with them and also talk to those that have the site Roger has listed.

www.gulfwarvets.com

But the most pressing thing right now is to make sure that our boys are not going into harms way with defective gear that does not work. Wouldn't ya say that gear is as important as a parachute? We need more people like Steve (82nd Rigger) checkin this stuff out before it is ever issued. And they damn sure don't need to get on the ground and then find out. You Gulf War Vets can give me a witness on that one.

Arrow>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-13-2003, 06:05 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default David

I have tried to comment on your comments and there is nothing more to add you said it all and a whole bunch more between the lines if anyone has ears to hear.

Trav,

Check out this website. I am getting ready to call and see if it is a good number listed at the bottom. I will post here to let you know. The way I feel about it at this point in time is I may never change anything but I have an obligation to you and everyone that has served or is going to serve to voice my concern. At least this time we can say it before they go in.

http://www.house.gov/shays/news/2002...er/chembio.htm

sis

Old 01-13-2003, 06:43 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Trav

I just made the call and the number is good. I wrote out my statement so I would not be stumbling over words and could get to the point. I am going to send this website to everyone on my e-mail list and encourage them to encourage Rep Shays to press on. I got a voice mail and that is ok too. It is a good thing that they care enough to have it on. I will follow up with an e-mail to his office with the following statement:

As the widow of a Vietnam Vet who died from AO cancer and the sister of a Vietnam Vet with AO Cancer I am calling to express my agreement with Rep. Shays statement on Military Equipment Prepardness for Chemical and Biological Warfare. I want to thank him for his courage and ask him to continue to press on. Thank you for this opportunity to express my concern.

name
address
phone

It's a small thing Trav but at least it is being said to a man with a mission. We need to back him up and pray he won't be compromised by those that would hush him up.

sis

http://www.house.gov/shays/news/2002...er/chembio.htm

Old 01-13-2003, 08:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Thanks, Sis! Those few paragraphs on that link speak volumns. I will call in the morning to see if I get a real person on the line.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!