The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2009, 06:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Gun Sales Booming

CBS) "I've been through Y2K and I've been through 9/11," says gun shop owner Scott Moss. " I have never seen people so afraid as what we are seeing right now.

Business is booming at gun shops across the country, reports CBS news correspondent Jeff Glor. And at his store, Moss says it's because of uncertainty fueled by the economic crisis.

"If the banks didn't have any money there'd be rioting in the streets," says Moss. "So you're protecting yourself from Americans going crazy, rioting, looting and hurting each other."

FBI statistics show that in November, 2008 firearm purchaser background checks increased 42 percent over the previous year. In December they were up 24 percent.

Moss says his sales are up something like 300 percent.

Moss also believes says fears that President Obama might make it more difficult to get a gun have led people to flock to his Norwalk, Conn. store.

One of those is 24-year-old Anthony Silvestro, a first time buyer.

Silvestro, who runs an auto body shop, says he's worried Mr. Obama might raise taxes on new gun purchases. He also worries that people will become more violent if the economy gets worse. He's getting a gun for personal protection.

"When you have a mixture of defensive people, lack of money, economy getting bad, you've got people that are depressed, people that might be upset---you know carrying a gun around you feel comfortable, you feel like you have a little power," Silvestro says.

But some fear that more guns will lead to increased gun thefts by criminals - and more deaths in the home.

"It can be the 4-year-old who finds a gun and thinks it's a toy and shoots his sister," says Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "It can be the husband and wife that are having a quarrel and the guns there and all of a sudden one of them is dead."

The National Rifle Association disputes that, saying that firearms are used three to five times more often to stop crimes than commit them. Moss stresses that in Connecticut, buyers need a pistol permit which requires background checks and a series of lessons at his shooting range.

"I'm not even saying I want to use my gun," Silvestro says. "I'm saying I want to know that it's there. God forbid I need it. God forbid someone breaks in my house. God forbid the alarm goes off."

According to the Brady Campaign, if you have a gun in your home it's 22 times more likely to be used against you and or a family than it is to protect you.

The NRA questions that, saying that 58 percent of firearms deaths in the home are suicides.

There are no official figures on the number of guns in the United States - but estimates say the number is about 250 million.

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 07:21 AM

there was a significant increase in sales right after Osama won the nomination.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 AM

Default Its strange

that you brought this up Rigger.

Last Sunday my brother and I went to Daytons Hara Arena for a gun and knife show.

I personally couldnt believe what I saw with my own eyes.

There was so many Guns and Ammo leaving there with one person at a time, and even the gun powder, reloads etc.

Felt like I was at a Military base about to be invaded.

enough..............

reeb................
Old 01-25-2009, 12:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Cautionary Notes

1. Believe very little what the Brady Bunch tells you about guns, particularly about had guns. They have a vested interest in the elimination of small arms, and it fits the liberal/leftists' agenda.

2. In some areas of the country, I would be very cautious about some folks' behavior, and would therefore arm myself even better than I do here.

3. There will be a greater divide between the 'haves' and the 'have-nots,' with some of the latter group be given the tacit OK that it is their right to liberate some things from the former group. Can you spell 'class warfare'?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-10-2009, 08:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ted Nugent: Why gun sales are surging

TED NUGENT Texas Wildman
Sunday, February 08, 2009

One sector of the American economy that is booming with the new administration is the absolute orgy of guns and ammunition sales, although I am certain President Barack Obama won’t say anything about this positive economic news.

I read more than one report of the surge of civilian firepower sales when it appeared that Obama would be elected.

Reason: Freedom lovers do not trust Obama.

His choice of Eric Holder to be attorney general bolsters that distrust.

Like Obama, Holder is a gun-control zealot —typical of the loony, anti-freedom wing of the Democratic Party.

Do not believe the president’s thinly veiled statements about supporting an individual’s right to own guns. Rather, review these men’s previous, career-long, freedom-restricting, gun-grabbing statements.

Holder consistently has supported gun bans and raising the age at which someone can purchase a weapon. He’s supported registration and licensing, waiting periods, and his all-time favorite and the felon’s dream: gun-free zones.

Losing in court
Last year Holder signed an amicus brief in support of the Washington, D.C., ban on all handguns and the use of a gun for self-defense in D.C. homes.

He stated that the Second Amendment wasn’t meant for individuals but was only intended for government militias.
The Supreme Court found otherwise. It repealed DC’s anti-freedom, pro-crime gun-control law. The Supreme Court voted for freedom. The good guys won.

Mysteriously, when Holder worked for President Bill Clinton and was in charge of the instant background check system, the system was routinely broken and off-line. Miraculously, when the Bush administration took over in 2001 the system rarely broke down. I smell a Fedzilla ratfink.

Truth is, what Holder really supports is more law-abiding citizens being victimized by recidivistic, violent punks on parole.

While he is personally protected by heavily armed law-enforcement officers, he does not believe you and I have a right to protect ourselves and our loved ones with a gun.

He’s a hypocrite.

Our founding fathers supported an individual’s right to own guns. Unlike Obama and Holder, those vanguards of freedom understood that life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness can not be achieved without being able to protect yourself and your loved ones from human scum who would deny you your fundamental God-given rights.

What our new president and his attorney general obviously want is control. Studying other gun-grabbing regimes of the past, they know the first thing that needs to be done to turn us from citizens to subjects is to disarm us.

My advice to American freedom lovers: Buy more guns and ammo, and join the National Rifle Association.

Ted Nugent is a Waco-based musician and television show host. Contact him directly at tednugent.com.

http://www.wacotrib.com/opin/content...wacnugent.html

Old 04-09-2009, 05:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Pelosi: 'We Want Registration'; Holder: 2A Won't 'Stand In The Way'; SAF: 'Gloves Are Off'

BELLEVUE, Wash., April 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not "stand in the way" of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

"These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder," said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. "It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners' rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off."

Pelosi's revelation came during an interview on ABC's Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress "never denied" the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, "We want them registered. We don't want them crossing state lines..." Gottlieb noted that citizens' rights do not stop at state lines.

"But that doesn't really matter," he observed. "History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation."

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: "I don't think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon."

"These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice," Gottlieb said. "They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi's California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn't disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won't prevent crime, either.

"The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights," Gottlieb said. "The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven't hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals."

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

SOURCE Second Amendment Foundation