Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2009, 06:23 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking S.F. Housing Authority agrees to let tenants own guns

S.F. Housing Authority agrees to let tenants own guns

The San Francisco Chronicle reports:
The San Francisco Housing Authority has agreed to allow its residents to own guns in a settlement of a National Rifle Association lawsuit that followed last year's U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the right to bear arms.

In papers filed Monday with a federal judge, the Housing Authority agreed not to enforce a provision it added to tenant leases in 2005 prohibiting the possession of guns and ammunition. The ban will now apply only to illegal gun ownership, like possession of a machine gun or possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The MSM doesn't want this to become a victory for gay rights. No word yet from Barack Obama on this one,since he supports Chicago's handgun ban.

http://nalert.blogspot.com/2009/01/s...es-to-let.html

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2009, 08:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Seems like a rather moot point and yet another exercise in the SF politicos creating more heat than light. Like, whoever disarmed in the first place? The SF project areas; especially the Tenderloin and Hunters Point, have always been a war zone. These days, even more so than ever and they have the body bag stats to prove it.

Scamp
Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I liked the concept that people who live in projects that aren't part of the gangs can protect themselves without worrying about being vulnerable for trying.

Of course, I like the concept that we should be able to protect ourselves everywhere.

It has the added benefit of limiting attacks from outside forces as well.
Joy

Old 01-14-2009, 04:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Nobody in America needs a gun more than an honest resident of most inner cities.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

And yet another SF boondoggle happening now. Big bucks spent to put security cams in high crime areas but by the time the politicos got done with watering it down with special interest needs n’ wants, the system is nearly useless at solving crime. There are expensive high resolution cams that are deliberately and totally detuned by a very clunky display-memory system and to add insult to injury, access is so restricted and training deficient that there might as well be no access at all.
Net is that the SF politicos favored predators win again. It seems apparent that the prey don’t have the financial means to get a reasonable level of protection in the gang rich-crime rich areas. Alas, calling SF 911 is tantamount to fingering rosary beads.

Scamp