The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2018, 02:43 PM

Thumbs up This Former Miss America Just Joined The Air Force

This Former Miss America Just Joined The Air Force
By DANIEL BROWN, BUSINESS INSIDER on June 16, 2018
RE: https://taskandpurpose.com/miss-amer...lon-air-force/

Photo link of new recruit: https://taskandpurpose.com/wp-conten...68-840x420.jpg

A former Miss America winner announced Tuesday that she enlisted in the U.S. Air Force.

Teresa Scanlon, who won the Miss America pageant in 2011, is now an Airman First Class in the Air National Guard, according to The Press of Atlantic City.

“I am beyond honored and humbled to announce that I am now officially an A1C in the Air National Guard and graduated Air Force Basic Training as an Honor Graduate (top 10%) last weekend,” Scanlon wrote on Instagram. “The title of “airman” is one I proudly hold and I hope to represent the Air Force well.”

Scanlon, who is also a law student at UC Berkley, is no stranger to the military.

Since winning the pageant, she has done several USO tours, visited Walter Reed and Bethesda military hospitals and several military installations.

Here’s some of what Scanlon did with the military before joining:

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links